DONE -GSD desperate to get to safety for medical attention

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
forgottenpaws
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE -GSD desperate to get to safety for medical attention

Post by forgottenpaws » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:35 pm

A sad older German Shepherd Dog was left tied to a tree at my vet clinic. He has a skin allergy from years of living outside, probably tied to a tree! The current vet doesn't want to help him and wants to put him down!

A rescue in WV has stepped up to take him but we need to get him there ASAP!!!!! I have to pull him from the vet tomorrow and will house him in my garage with a fan until we can get him there!

If you can help get this sad boy to a place where he can finally get the love he has never experienced, please contact me immediately with your availability!! Morgan Chadwick, [email protected]
Last edited by forgottenpaws on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan Chadwick
Forgotten Paws Pet Rescue
Acworth, GA
[email protected]
www.forgottenpaws.com
404-993-7958

USAFA06

Re: GSD desperate to get to safety for medical attention

Post by USAFA06 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:14 am

Hi Morgan,

My name is Melanie Carter and I live in Vinings GA. My husband and I fly a beech bonanza and just last weekend we flew two shelties from Louisville KT to Atlanta. I understand that you are rescuing the dog from the vet clinic in Acworth tomorrow and can keep him in your garage. I work at Smyrna animal hospital, and would be more than happy to board him at our facility at no cost to you.

We also would like to fly him to WV, but because of our limited funds for avgas we cannot afford to do so until October. If you would like for me to pick him up tomorrow please call me at 404-213-5959 anytime.

Thank you!

Melanie

forgottenpaws
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by forgottenpaws » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks Melanie. I appreciate the offer. I did pick him up and bathed him and he is very amazingly happy. I even got kisses!

I have someone who adopted a dog from me 2 yrs ago that is going to try to keep him until I can get him transported BUT of course she knows we are tring desperately for this weekend so who knows what she will do if that doesn't happen! I may need to call you at some point.

THANK YOU AGAIN~
Morgan Chadwick
Forgotten Paws Pet Rescue
Acworth, GA
[email protected]
www.forgottenpaws.com
404-993-7958

USAFA06

Post by USAFA06 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Morgan,

Please do call me if you need anything. I am so glad you got kisses, he sounds like a sweet boy who deserves a great home! If October rolls around and he still needs a transport to WV, I will do what I can to make that happen.

Thanks!

Melanie