TRANSPORT CANCELED - Winder, GA to Jamesville, VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Dawgcr8

TRANSPORT CANCELED - Winder, GA to Jamesville, VA

Post by Dawgcr8 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 am

Hello! I'm desperately trying to get Lacy, a sweet boxer mix, from a shelter in Georgia to an adopter in Virginia. Lacy was scheduled to be euthanized on (09/22/10) when a rescue stepped up to take her. Just hours later, the rescue fell through and Lacy was only given a 24-hour reprieve. I've found a wonderful person in VA that wants to give Lacy the forever home she deserves but getting her there is a significant challenge. I'm trying to pull together a ground transport and if you're able to fly any distance in order to help this girl, please, please let me know.

Bless for all that you do to help our sweet canine companions.

Much appreciation,
Kerin

(612) 309-5331
Attachments
Lacy3.jpg
Lacy3.jpg (71.68 KiB) Viewed 116 times
Last edited by Dawgcr8 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PilotAMB

Re: NEED TRANSPORT - Winder, GA to Jamesville, VA

Post by PilotAMB » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi my name is Anna I am based in Newnan Coweta County Airport in Newnan, GA. When do you want to transport the dog because I have tues thru thurs off and I have family in Williamsburg, VA and I could do it October 5. What is your idea for the trip, please let me know if this can work. I have a four place airplane and we could depart Newnan and we could end in Williamsburg, VA. :mrgreen:

Dawgcr8

Re: NEED TRANSPORT - Winder, GA to Jamesville, VA

Post by Dawgcr8 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi Anna,

I posted a message but somehow it got lost. Argh. Lacy's Mom ended up driving down to get her in the middle of the night because we were told Lacy was being put on transport for CT and that the transport couldn't stop in VA to let her off - it was crazy, chaotic and very stressful but in the end, Lacy was sleeping at home with her new family within 24 hours. :-)

Thank you so much for offering to help Lacy - you're my first pilot that's offered to help so this has been very exciting!! :-)

Thank you for all that you do to help animals...:-)

Kerin