DONE

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
shelley

DONE

Post by shelley » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello,
My name is Shelley Harper and I am a veterinarian in Tampa, Florida. I found out on Tuesday evening that my beloved 10 year old pit bull has an aggressive brain tumor. The best treatment option available for her is at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. The doctors in Minnesota are looking at her MRI today and deciding if she is a candidate for their program. If they tell me on Monday that they will accept her, I need to get her from Florida to Minneapolis for treatment. It would be a 26 hour car trip each way and I am worried about her making such a long trip each way. Considering her condition, I do not feel comfortable flying her in the cargo hold of a commercial airline. I understand that this a very long distance in a small plane, but I am looking for any possible options and I am hoping that someone may already be making a trip between Florida and Minneapolis or vice versa and could help me get my dog there or back home again. I know this is so much to ask of a pilot, but I am hoping for a miracle.
Her name is Stella and she is a gem. She is 55lbs and is able to walk still, just a bit wobbley. She doesn't have seizures. She is otherwise healthy and can fly in a pet carrier. She needs to get to Minneapolis in the next 2 weeks, would be there for a week and then back home. I would be thrilled if anyone could assist with one leg of the journey...
I am willing to drive her anywhere in Florida or to Atlanta if this would work better for a pilot.
I can be reached M-F during business hours at my clinic at 813-259-9698 or evenings/weekends at 813-758-5090 or by email at [email protected]
Thank you for allowing me to post my request.
Sincerely,
Shelley
Last edited by shelley on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Chow

Re: Florida to Minneapolis

Post by The Chow » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Shelley,

I'm hoping to fly to Dothan next week to pick up a dog.

If all goes as plan I would be happy to take her to Alabama.

Maybe someone else can grab the next leg.

Kevin
813-389-9300

shelley

Re: Florida to Minneapolis

Post by shelley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:20 pm

I now have firm dates for the surgery for my dog. She need to arrive on Minneapolis on or before Thursday Oct 14th and would be ready to fly home the following Monday(10/18) or Tuesday(10/19). I will pay for gas and would be willing to pay the pilot for his/her time.

Thanks, Shelley