DONE!!Need to get 3 to 4 rescued Pits from NY to NH

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Kelli

DONE!!Need to get 3 to 4 rescued Pits from NY to NH

Post by Kelli » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 am

Hello,

I'm looking to get 3 or 4 pitbulls rescued off the euthenasia list from NYC to NH. If there is ANYONE that can help with this transport, please let me know.

thank you!!
Kelli

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Need to get 3 to 4 rescued Pits from NY to NH

Post by admin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Kelli,

As a reminder to rescues posting, you can always look at the pilots list on this group and if you see one who has chosen to list their location and contact information, you can contact them directly with your request. Sometimes pilots are busy and don't have a chance to look at the request board regularly. Just letting you know some other options!! If these pits are large, they may not fit in one small plane. Temperaments on all dogs are also very important to share with the pilots, particularly if the dog is large and will not fit in a crate but has to wear a safety tie harness instead. In cases where the large dogs are free, often pilots request that someone fly with them as a doggie handler as well.

Fingers crossed that all works out for these three!

Debi

RESQPUP4

Post by RESQPUP4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi. Can you send more info about the dogs? Have you tried getting a ground transport run? Where in NH do they need to go and how far would the recieving rescue be willing to drive to get the dogs? I am a member of ARF as well in addition to doing ground transport (all volunteer drivers). If we knew more about the transport need we can see what can be done. Is there any chance of getting flights? Any pilots willing to take these guys? I am located about a half an hour north of manhattan. Where are the dogs?
Smiles & blue skies,
Liz

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:17 pm

Kelli wrote:Hello,
I'm looking to get 3 or 4 pitbulls rescued off the euthenasia list from NYC to NH. If there is ANYONE that can help with this transport, please let me know.
thank you!!
Kelli
Kelli and all, it is very helpful to pilots and others who may be able to assist with transport if you list the city and state the animals are going to and from. Weights of the animals involved are also a good thing to list since pilots need to be very aware of weights and balances with their planes.

You can edit your post to reflect the cities kelli and good luck to you and the pitties!

Thanks,
Debi

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:43 pm

Can do NY to boston(or about) Leg

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No

Post by Steve Foley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:16 am

I believe this transport has been filled. I got this email from Kelli on 10/11:

Hi Steve,

I can't thank you enough for pointing me in this direction! I was able to set up a transport flight from NYC to MA on Monday for 1 (possibly 2) dogs. You pilots that volunteer your time AND your planes for this are AWESOME!!!

Kelli

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:00 pm

Steve Foley wrote:I believe this transport has been filled. I got this email from Kelli on 10/11:

Hi Steve,

I can't thank you enough for pointing me in this direction! I was able to set up a transport flight from NYC to MA on Monday for 1 (possibly 2) dogs. You pilots that volunteer your time AND your planes for this are AWESOME!!!

Kelli
Thanks for letting us know Steve....I had written to Kelli but had not heard back yet. We need to stay updated and I hope that rescues will remember to do that when their request for transport is no longer needed......

Debi

Steve Foley
Webmaster
Foster?: No

Re: DONE!!Need to get 3 to 4 rescued Pits from NY to NH

Post by Steve Foley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:15 pm

This is probably something we'll end up dealing with forever. Kelli had posted a request on my local Craigslist Pets section. I pointed her here, and the next thing she knew, the transports were done. I think you're better off marking them as done (as you've been doing) rather than removing the requests. It shows what we've accomplished.

Debi
Co-founder

Post by Debi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:45 pm

Steve Foley wrote:This is probably something we'll end up dealing with forever. Kelli had posted a request on my local Craigslist Pets section. I pointed her here, and the next thing she knew, the transports were done. I think you're better off marking them as done (as you've been doing) rather than removing the requests. It shows what we've accomplished.
Or better yet, I might be able to set up a seperate topic area for the DONE list.....otherwise, the Request board list is going to get entirely too crowded and difficult to search through. I still have the deleted posts, I will upload them once I am able to add a "Done" page :D

Debi

Debi
Co-founder

Post by Debi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:10 pm

Ok, I was able to create a "Done" section on the forum. Now everyone who has an update can post the update and "Done" under this forum and we will still have the information for viewing but it will not be clogging the ride board. Please keep the same topic as the original request when posting an update to the "Done" section.

Feedback please? Is this too complicated? If you don't feel that this will work or be beneficial I can remove it.

Debi