Cancelled! dying woman wants dog with her

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lorilw

Cancelled! dying woman wants dog with her

Post by lorilw » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm

I'm trying to help a lady that has about a week left to live spend her last week with her dog. She's in TN visiting her daughter, got there about a week 1/2 ago. She became ill last week, rushed to the hospital, they transported her to the cancer hospital where she was told her kidneys are shutting down and she has about a week left. She lives in Richmond VA, but her daughter lives in Nashville (right outside nashville actually). Because they were only going to spend a week or two, they left Pepper in the care of friends. Now she's not going to get home to see Pepper before she dies and she wants to have Pepper with her.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get him transported asap, I know this is normally only for rescue, but was hoping in these circumstances an exception could be made. I can provide proof from the hospital if need be that she has limited time left.

If you're unable to help, could you provide me with names of other pilots that might be able to make this flight? I'm not positive but I may be able to have the daughter help with gas, or a donation as she has the means to help. Unfortunately because the time is so limited everyone is afraid to drive back to Richmond to bring pepper to her in case she passes before they return.

Thanks for any assistance
Lori

nicholas757
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: dying woman wants dog with her

Post by nicholas757 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Lori,
Have you had any response to your post?

Nick

lorilw

Post by lorilw » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:09 pm

No reply so far.

lorilw

Post by lorilw » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Dog is 70 lb. Lab mix. Friendly. Uptd and will have health cert

304-916-7707 is the number to reach me

Eric27
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Eric27 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Have you spoken with the hospital and made sure the dog can get in and stay with her? We need to put this together. Where will the dog stay after? Is there someone in Nashville to pick him up?

lorilw

Post by lorilw » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Thank you everyone. We've got her going to nashville to see her mom