DONE!! THANK YOU!! SR yellow lab: NC to CO--Legs needed--

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mydogposse

DONE!! THANK YOU!! SR yellow lab: NC to CO--Legs needed--

Post by mydogposse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:22 am

Hi,

First, I'd like to give A special thanks to all of you! What you do is such a wonderful act of kindess and love!

I adopted a Senior female yellow lab 20 minutes before the PTS deadline yesterday, Thursday, Sept 30th. She is approximately 8 yrs old. I have named her Angel in honor of all the people who have put so much effort into saving her, including all involved in Pilots N Paws! The staff at the shelter said she is so sweet, loving, friendly and doesn't have a mean bone in her body! They said she was so ready to get out of there. She is in Whiteville, NC and I live in Fort Collins, CO so transport is a challenge! She is at the vet now getting her shots, de-worming, flea bath and health certificate. Still awaiting info from the vet on her weight, etc. and should have that info on Monday the 4th. I want to get her home as soon as possible, especially, since she is an older girl. And, I can't wait to meet her, give her hugs and settle her into her forever home!

There are two legs that have been offered so far:

--St Louis to Kansas City
Thurs 10/7 or Fri 10/8 (will do Sun 10/10 or Mon 10/11 if next leg has to fly the backup date on Tues)

--Kansas City to Denver
Sun 10/10 with Tues 10/12 as a back up

We still need 3 legs to get her from NC to St Louis by Friday morning, 10/8.

Any help is so appreciated!

Also have two Routes suggested by a pilot who has been helping me: Thanks so much Jim Carney!
Route detail:

Airport Distance Initial Heading
CPC $3.85 WHITEVILLE, NC
COLUMBUS COUNTY MUNI AIRPORT 383.5 nm 292 true 299 magnetic

3M7 $3.75 LAFAYETTE, TN
LAFAYETTE MUNI AIRPORT 425.2 nm 295 true 297 magnetic

GPH $3.7 MOSBY, MO
MIDWEST NATIONAL AIR CENTER AIRPORT 496.9 nm 281 true 278 magnetic

FNL $4.69 FORT COLLINS/LOVELAND, CO
FORT COLLINS-LOVELAND MUNI AIRPORT

Direct CPC-FNL great circle distance: 1302.1 nm
Total distance along route: 1305.6 nm

The second route:

Route detail
Airport Distance Initial Heading

CPC $3.85 WHITEVILLE, NC
COLUMBUS COUNTY MUNI AIRPORT 272.7 nm 293 true 300 magnetic

DKX $3.96 KNOXVILLE, TN
KNOXVILLE DOWNTOWN ISLAND AIRPORT 299.2 nm 274 true 279 magnetic

TKX $3.59 KENNETT, MO
KENNETT MEMORIAL AIRPORT 274.5 nm 292 true 292 magnetic

K88 $3.68 IOLA, KS
ALLEN COUNTY AIRPORT 289.5 nm 295 true 291 magnetic

ADT $4 ATWOOD, KS
ATWOOD-RAWLINS COUNTY CITY-COUNTY AIRPORT 185.7 nm 282 true 273 magnetic

FNL $4.69 FORT COLLINS/LOVELAND, CO
FORT COLLINS-LOVELAND MUNI AIRPORT

Direct CPC-FNL great circle distance: 1302.1 nm
Total distance along route: 1321.5 nm (1% more)

Again, thank you all for what you do and the effort you are putting in to help get this girl home as well as all of the other animals you have helped!

Sincerely,

Mala Brady

[email protected]

970-391-4821
Attachments
MY LAB GIRL!  KENNEL 38.jpg
She is wanting to get home!! Shelter said not the best of pictures of her but only one I have.
MY LAB GIRL! KENNEL 38.jpg (22.76 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Last edited by mydogposse on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

mitchellfstafford
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLXT
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Senior yellow lab in Whiteville, NC to Ft Collins, CO

Post by mitchellfstafford » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:08 am

I am flying to Denver from Kansas City with another dog on Sunday 10/10 or Tuesday 10/12 as a backup. If anyone can get the dog as far as Kansas City I can bring it to Fort Collins no problem.
Mitch Stafford
Cessna 182
KLXT
816-739-7011

mydogposse

Post by mydogposse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you so much! I will start working on getting her to Kansas City for your flight on 10/10 with the backup on 10/12. My name is Mala Brady, people call me Mal, and my phone number is 970-391-4821. When you have a chance would you give me a call with details such as departure time etc? I will probably have to set up a foster for her in Kansas City & will need that info.

Thanks again!!

mala

mitchellfstafford
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLXT

Post by mitchellfstafford » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:22 pm

mydogposse wrote:Hi Mitchell,

Thank you so much! I will start working on getting her to Kansas City for your flight on 10/10 with the backup on 10/12. My name is Mala Brady, people call me Mal, and my phone number is 970-391-4821. When you have a chance would you give me a call with details such as departure time etc? I will probably have to set up a foster for her in Kansas City & will need that info.

Thanks again!!

mala
My pleasure, glad to help out. If it's on Sunday I'll be departing by noon at the latest. If it's on Tuesday I'll be departing at 6:00 AM. With one fuel stop enroute it'll be about 5 1/2 hours from takeoff in KC to landing at Front Range Airport, just Southeast of Denver International.
Mitch Stafford
Cessna 182
KLXT
816-739-7011

mydogposse

Post by mydogposse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the info! I can get her from you whenever you arrive! I will let you know as soon as I have more info. Fingers crossed I can get her to Kansas City. Have a great weekend!

mala

Pa28-140
Pilot?: No

Post by Pa28-140 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Mala,

I think you have two threads running for this one request. I responded to the other thread. In short, I can fly a leg from St. Louis to Kansas City. However, I cannot fly on Saturday, October 9th. I am flying for the Make A Wish foundation on that date. I could fly on Thursday, October 7th or Friday, October 8th. If Mitch's flight gets pushed back to Tuesday, I could make the St. Louis to Kansas City leg on Sunday 10/10 or Monday 10/11.

Obviously, all of this is subject to weather. The good news is that the long-range forecast looks very good. Keep me in the loop and feel free to contact me by phone (913-707-8049) or email.
Jim Bordoni
Kansas City
[email protected]
Cell: 913-707-8049

mydogposse

Post by mydogposse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Jim,

Yes, I do have two threads going which may be too confusing--this is the first time I have done this so I'm learning on the fly, so to speak!! Is it better to put the requests for another leg on this original post? I wanted to get the info out there on what leg is needed.

I will check on fosters for both Kansas City and St Louis. Your time table is wonderful and thanks so much!! It gives a couple days wiggle room to make connections. I will give you a call tomorrow if that's ok with you. (Or sooner if this comes together quickly, fingers crossed!) My number is 970-391-4821.

Talk with you soon...

mala

Pa28-140
Pilot?: No

Post by Pa28-140 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Best to keep it simple and only one request per mission. There are pilot locator tools available on this site that might aid you in locating pilots and foster support. Once you have people volunteering, it may be a good idea to not only post responses here but also to email personally. Once the "players" are in place, we usually contact each other to work out the fine details. Let's hope we can unite this senior lab with her new family soon.
Jim Bordoni
Kansas City
[email protected]
Cell: 913-707-8049

mydogposse

Post by mydogposse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Jim,

It makes sense to keep it simple with one post. Another pilot, Jim Carney, contacted me with some suggestions to edit into the post--describing it as a relay and dividing it into "legs" from NC to St Louis. I'm not sure how many miles to consider for a leg though. He also said to add more info about my lab girl...her picture, weight, age etc. I am actually waiting to get that info from the rescue. All I have in the way of info is a quick call to the shelter who told me she is so sweet, loving , good with other dogs & kids and ready to get out of there. She is at the vet and the rescue was checking with them this afternoon to get that info. I haven't heard back from them yet but will add that to the note as soon as I do.

I will contact everyone via their personal emails too and keep you updated. That's good to know. I have contacted fosters and a few pilots using the locator resource on this site and as yet have not heard back. I will keep trying!

I am a little worried about her since she is a senior and so anxious to get her home. She will have the life of Riley once she is here!! Can't wait!

Thank you Jim...

mala

J. Keith Decker

Re: SR yellow lab: NC to CO--Legs needed--Have 2 legs offere

Post by J. Keith Decker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi Mala. My name is Keith Decker. I'm a pilot for Pilots n Paws and live close to Charlotte, NC. I think it will work for me to do the 1st leg from Columbus County airport to the Knoxville, TN area. I am a friend of Jim Carney and am waiting to hear back from him this eve. to see what date this week will work, as he has indicated, he can take Angel from TN to a point further west. From your posts it sure sounds like your new best friend is going to get a great new life!! I hope I can help make that happen. Best Regards, Keith