DONE! THANKS! SR yellow lab from Whiteville, NC to KS City

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mydogposse

DONE! THANKS! SR yellow lab from Whiteville, NC to KS City

Post by mydogposse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi,

I adopted a senior yellow lab from CCAC in Whiteville, NC on Thursday about 20 minutes before her PTS deadline. She is at the vet now getting her shots, de-worming, flea bath & health certificate. The shelter staff said she is sooo sweet & very loving. They were so glad she was saved!

I live in Fort Collins, CO and am trying to get her to her new forever home with me as soon as possible. A pilot contacted me and said he is flying with another dog from Kansas City to Fort Collins on Sunday, 10/10 with a backup date on Tuesday, 10/12 and he can get her here them! So now I am looking for help getting her from Whiteville, NC to Kansas City by 10/10. I will most likely need foster help in Kansas City as well. Any help anyone can give me is so appreciated!

A special thanks to all who help transport and get animal companions to a new life! It is a true act of kindness and love!!

Sincerely,

Mala Brady

[email protected]

970-391-4821
Last edited by mydogposse on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pa28-140
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Senior yellow lab from Whiteville, NC to Kansas City, KS

Post by Pa28-140 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:45 pm

I might be able to help with a leg from St. Louis to Kansas City. However, I already have a flying commitment on Saturday, October 9th for the Make A Wish foundation. I could fly on Thursday, October 7th or Friday October 8th to the St. Louis area for a pickup. Please feel free to contact me by phone (913-707-8049) or email. Keep me in the loop as much as possible......Jim
Jim Bordoni
Kansas City
[email protected]
Cell: 913-707-8049

mydogposse

Post by mydogposse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Thank you Jim!! I am contacting fosters in Kansas City but haven't heard back yet. I will post again for help getting her from Whiteville, NC to St Louis by the 7th or 8th and look for fosters there also. Every leg helps and it's less stressful for her than ground transport which would force her to be in a kennel for so long.
I so appreciate this!!

As soon as I get any information I will let you know and certainly keep you in the loop! If it's ok with you, I will touch base with you by phone tomorrow even if I don't have an update. It will be nice to meet you via phone! My number is 970-391-4821.

Thanks again,

mala

Pa28-140
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Pa28-140 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:44 pm

I forwarded your request to some other pilots. Hopefully there will be a response. Keep me in the loop......Jim
Jim Bordoni
Kansas City
[email protected]
Cell: 913-707-8049