English Coonhound needs ride from OH to FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: English Coonhound needs ride from OH to FL

Post by DJK3737T » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 pm

For my part, it would probably be more convenient to make the flight on the 19th than the 18th if the weather cooperates -- fewer things to reschedule. I haven't put in for the time yet, so I'll watch this space and let you know.

Best,

-- DJK

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK

Post by mchutto » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:23 am

I can keep this guy for two or three nights if it will open up the schedule.

I would like to have the option to launch on the 19th if the weather is flyable. I don't mind flying in the rain as long as there is no possibility of icing.

My sister has a birthday on the 20th which is the reason for my trip. I hate to push it to a dawn flight on the 20th because of the possibilty of ground fog this time of year. As we all know, the freezing level is also lower at night before the sun helps out. These factors can easily delay my departure.

So, I don't mind getting him earlier in the week if it will make it easier on DJK. It will help keep my options open.

Marty

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:02 am

Monday and Thursday are the two best days for me, but I might be able to work out Wednesday afternoon. We'll just have to keep in touch. Another pilot based in West Virginia offered to bring him partway here from Ohio, which would help, but he's not available Wednesday.

I figure it will have to be Sunday or Monday before we can begin making any specific plans anyway.

Best,

-- DJK

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Hey, everybody.

The weather's looking distinctly unfriendly for both tomorrow and Thursday, so we may need to start again. Marty, I understand that you need to be in Florida on Friday for your sister's birthday (and your prospects look pretty good), but I don't feel very confident that we're going to be able to get this hound down to you before you leave.

Today would have been good, but I have to be at work -- not to mention home to celebrate my wife's birthday this evening.

Jimmy, I'm sorry that the elements don't seem to want to cooperate, but it seems likely that we'll have to look for Plan C.

-- DJK

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK

Post by mchutto » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Looking at the forecast, it is going to be very difficult to get Sam here. I was looking forward to taking him to Florida. If I can help with plan B, lt me know.

Marty

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:24 am

Jimmy, it looks like you're back to Square One. The other transport I was hoping to combine with this one has been postponed by the weather, too. You may want to re-post this to get a fresh set of eyes looking at it.

Sorry things didn't work out for this week!

-- DJK

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Would anyone be able to bring Sam part way down? I am willing to drive up part of the way to get him. I am also considering AA Cargo. But it would still be less expensive to drive. Please let me know if someone can help out in getting him part way to Florida.
Thanks,
Jimmy

bross

Post by bross » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:24 am

I've scheduled 2 flights on March 7th that might be useful if someone else can take other legs:

9a depart Atlanta (KPDK) for 10:30a arrival at Tallahassee (KTLH)
2p depart Lumberton, NC (KLBT) for 4p arrival at Atlanta (KPDK)

Dunno if those end up being helpful or not.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 pm

I would be willing to drive to Tallahassee or Atlanta. Hopefully someone can bring him from OH to NC. Thank you, Jimmy

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 pm

We are still looking for help on getting Sam down from OH. Our last attempt ended with a broken timing chain in GA on the drive up last week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimmy