B'ham, AL -Quincy, FL, Quincy, FL - Vero Beach, FL *DONE*

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

B'ham, AL -Quincy, FL, Quincy, FL - Vero Beach, FL *DONE*

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:04 am

Hi,

There's a border collie in the kill shelter in Birmingham, that can catch a ride with a pilot if he can get to Bainbridge, GA on Tues. If not, if someone can help get him headed in the right direction as his rescue in Vero Beach, that would work too :-)

Thanks
Last edited by MuttsMom on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

n44ph

Re: B'ham,AL to Bainbridge, GA Tues or to Vero Beach, FL any

Post by n44ph » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm in Vero and can pick him up nearly anywhere in Florida if you can get him that far. It's an RV-6 so somewhat limited in size but a border collie should be OK.

MuttsMom

Re: B'ham,AL to Bainbridge, GA Tues or to Vero Beach, FL any

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Sounds great. Let me see what I can work out on this end. Thanks again!!!

MuttsMom

Re: B'ham,AL to anywhere in FL 1st leg, 2nd leg filled

Post by MuttsMom » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:24 pm

What day were you looking to do this transport?

Edd

Re: B'ham,AL to anywhere in FL 1st leg, 2nd leg filled

Post by Edd » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 am

n44ph, is Milton, FL (2R4) to far for you to fly? I might be able to pick him up in B'ham and bring him back to Milton this weekend if you are available.

MuttsMom

Re: B'ham, AL -Quincy, FL, Quincy, FL - Vero Beach, FL *DON

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks so much Don and Pat for not only transporting this beautiful border collie, but for saving his life. We had no idea he was emaciated, the shelter didn't tell us. The only picture posted was one of his beautiful face. Ya'll doing the transport so quick after me posting, within less then 24 hours, you have given this boy a chance at life. He's at the vet now and as I said in the e-mail I sent, I'll keep ya'll posted. I always knew pilots who volunteered their time helping animals were special people with hearts of gold, but ya'll gave so much to Pip, in ways you didn't realize. You are sky angels!