transport requested please griffith in to albertville ala

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
debbieg

transport requested please griffith in to albertville ala

Post by debbieg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 am

hello! new to this website but desperate for a male altered american bulldog going to his furever home from griffith in (there is an airport right in town called griffith airport) to albertville alabama. thank you! :)

IceQueenTN
Zip Code: 37388
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KTHA
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Re: transport requested please griffith in to albertville al

Post by IceQueenTN » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 am

Hi Debbie,
Is there a reason that he has to be flown or could a ground transport get him to AL? Just wondering?

Marge Janiak
Nashville, TN
Join the National Database For Animal Rescues & Transports - All information in one place & no more transports coming apart from lack of transporters! Check us out at http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nati ... Transports.

jlspence
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by jlspence » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 am

This is the third time I've seen a reply by icequeenTN questioning the original poster's request for a flight on the Pilots N Paws website. Is it just me, or is this inappropriate?
Jeff S.
Cessna 172/Huntsville, AL - Moontown Airport (3M5)
VFR Only

Skyhawk599
Zip Code: 35601
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KDCU

Post by Skyhawk599 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Yes, Jeff. I have noticed the same thing. I don't understand why a pilot would discourage someone from requesting a rescue flight. Seems strange to me.
Don
Don H.
Cessna 172/Decatur, AL - Pryor Field (DCU)
VFR Only

debbieg

Post by debbieg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

hi marge! im trying to get him to his new home as quickly as possible-hes been in the "slammer" for over 2 months now an outside doghouse inside a cement run. its getting cold here in indiana 40's in the evening. he was used to a warm house and a couch. im trying to set up ground transport as well but they dont always work-i transport on weekends and sometimes the runs dont get filled. i feel for this guy! we have paid alot for his release and id like to see him just GO HOME!! thanks! deb

debbieg

Post by debbieg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:55 am

hi jeff! are you a pilot in alabama?

jlspence

Post by jlspence » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:21 pm

debbieg wrote:hi jeff! are you a pilot in alabama?
Hi debbig, yes I am. I'm booked this weekend doing a PnP flight from Huntsville to Greenville, SC and am out of town the next 5 weekends after that. However, if you can find someone to fly/drive the dog to the Owensboro, KY area during the week, I'll see if I can take off work to pick him up there and take him on to Albertville, AL.

So was this IceQueenTN person offering to do ground transport or just questioning why you were requesting a flight? If it's the former, then that's great...if it's the latter, they shouldn't be posting on here.
Jeff S.
VFR Only

debbieg

Post by debbieg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:51 pm

oh my goodness! ok, im getting fired up here! tell me what date you need Rufus and im going to try like hell to get him there-even if it means driving him from indiana myself!!! may i call you? so much easier to communicate by phone if that is ok.
once you give me the date to meet you, im going to arrange for URGENT transport. thanks and i hope we can talk soon!
debbie
my home is 219-972-1147 my cell is 219-427-2110 but its charging now!
that woman inquired but that was the end of it-was she nosey or concerned? she did not offer anyting merely wanting to know why i would be posting a request....
you KNOW you will be in the newspapers...our town is small but this will be a HUGE PR for PnPs. please call me at home so we can arrange this
you are my new best friend!
debbie

debbieg

Post by debbieg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:56 pm

jeff, owensburo is ony 260 miles from me-i can do the 6 hour drive to meet you please let me know what date as i have to get everything ready here-he needs to go to groomer because he is filthy dirty and gotta get paperwork, but id be so happy to get him to his new home! please pet me know ASAP as i will start working on this today. i read your msg again, so all you have to do is give me a day next week, possible thursday or friday? thanks again and please call me! deb :D

jlspence

Post by jlspence » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 pm

debbieg,

It will depend on the weather, which does look good on Thursday and Friday on the long range forecast. Let's say Thursday Oct. 14th, with Friday Oct. 15th as the backup. I will email you my phone contact info. I will also need the contact info for the person in Albertville, AL who will be picking the dog up.
Jeff S.
VFR Only