Cancelled - ground transport completed

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
sharemare

Cancelled - ground transport completed

Post by sharemare » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello!
We have 6 gorgeous puppies needing transport from Ft. Scott KS to Denver CO. They can also fly FROM Joplin Regional Airport, MO (64870) or Lamar MO Municipal Airport (64759). The Denver area has a few smaller airports: Rocky Mtn. Metropolitan Airport (KBJC) (zip code 80021), Erie Airport (KEIK), and Centennial Airport (KAPA). Any of these will work for us!!

Puppy info: 7 wks. old, range from 9-12 lbs. We can get exact weights just before flight if necessary. All are black, 3 boys and 3 girls. We already have ground transport to the airport, along w/ vet records and health certificates. They are going to be fostered by Retriever Rescue of Colorado, http://www.therroc.com.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Again, thank you so much for considering this transport, you are very much appreciated!

Sharon
Last edited by sharemare on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 6 puppies w/ alternate FROM locations - thank you!

Post by sowens333 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 am

Would it be possible for you to get these dogs to Kansas City? I believe that their is another transport leaving on Tuesday that is headed for Denver. If you could get them to KC, they could possibly travel on that transport.

ShepherdDad
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by ShepherdDad » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 am

I am just a pilot who makes these flights. It is expensive to do so and trying to consolidate flights or make a flight in conjunction with another trip is what I have to do to help.

My view is that some might consider these volunteer flights as on demand when in reality it may take a week or so.

Can't the puppies be retrieved from the shelter and placed with a foster until a flight is arranged?

sharemare

Post by sharemare » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Dear ShepherdDad,
I am so sorry if you took my update as any sort of demand. I certainly did not intend that. I personally am rather new to this type of rescue, and was simply conveying info passed on to me by our intake person. I don't know what the situation is with these particular puppies. I do know that If a local resuer takes them out of the shelter, he or she may be "stuck" with them if we, the committing rescue, cannot get them here. I just wanted to put the updated info out there because if we don't get air transport soon, we need to try to get them here by ground as soon as possible. It's just a time issue and I did not mean to insult you.

(BTW, I was not the one to ask about getting the dogs to KS - that was someone else asking me if that's a possibilty.)

So again, to you and any other pilot I may have offended, I offer my most sincere apology.

Sharon

sharemare

Post by sharemare » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Dear sowens333,
Thanks so much for your offer, and I did get your pm. I've emailed my intake person to see if that's possible. (She has the contact info for the local rescuer.) I'll let you you as soon as I find out.

Thanks,
Sharon