FILLED 2 Catahoula/Blackmouth cur pups. La to TX 10-16-10

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MaryD

FILLED 2 Catahoula/Blackmouth cur pups. La to TX 10-16-10

Post by MaryD » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Catahoula Rescue needs to move 2 - 10 week old Catahoula/Blackmouth cur pups from a foster home in Louisiana to their forever homes in Texas this coming weekend. One pup will be going to the Austin, TX area and the other will be going to Marfa, TX. The Marfa adopters can drive to San Angelo to pick up their new pup. This transport will probably require two legs; one from Houma, La to Conroe, TX (Houston area) and one from Conroe to Georgetown to San Angelo. If you can help get these pups to their new homes, please contact Mary at [email protected]

Thank you,
Mary DuPont
Catahoula Rescue Texas
Catahoula Rescue, Inc.
Regional Coordinator
Muldoon, TX.
Last edited by MaryD on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaryD

Re: Two Catahoula/Blackmouth cur pups. Louisiana to TX 10-16

Post by MaryD » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Still looking for help to get these two from foster care in Louisiana to their forever homes in
Texas.

Thanks,
Mary DuPont
Catahoula Rescue Texas
Catahoula Rescue, Inc.
Regional Coordinator
Muldoon, TX.
[email protected]

dnewton
Zip Code: 57730
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KECS
Distance willing to fly one way: 350

Post by dnewton » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi, Mary!

I have lost the email about where the dogs will be coming to in Houston. I also need to know the time they will arrive. It's hard to coordinate this since I have to use a rental plane! Right now I have the plane from 9:30 - 3:00. I should be able to stagger those times a bit, but the sooner the better. If you can find someone for the San Angelo leg, that might be better. Georgetown to San Angelo and back to Conroe might be a bit much for me. However, if that is the only way to do this, let me know and we'll work something out! Maybe the dogs could at least come to Conroe...

Also, please realize that I am only VFR so the weather is a big factor for me. I haven't even looked at the outlook for Saturday yet but will hope for clear skies!

Diane Newton
Diane Newton
Saratoga N389BW
We have the room to take larger dogs.
We can travel as far as 350 miles (one way) from our airport in Newcastle, Wyoming (KECS) for transports.

MaryD

Post by MaryD » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:47 pm

I've had an offer to bring the pups from Houma to the Southwest Houston airport in Missouri City. That's down south of Sugarland. I asked that pilot if he would fly into Conroe and he said that would add an hour to his time. He didn't completely rule it out. He said he would get an early start and should be back at his home airport by noon. I'll email you and Neil, the other pilot, and we'll see what we can work out. Neil tells me that the weather looks good for Saturday.

Is there anyone in the Austin area that could do the final leg of this transport to San Angelo or Sonora?

Thanks,
Mary D.

dnewton
Zip Code: 57730
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KECS
Distance willing to fly one way: 350

Post by dnewton » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 am

If someone can fly Georgetown (Austin) to San Angelo or Sugarland (Houston) to San Angelo, please help us!

Mary - I sent a message to another Houston pilot I know to see if he could fly Houston to San Angelo - haven't heard back yet. I will see if Debi or Becki have any Austin pilots that might help. We will go to Sugarland - not a big issue, especially if we find someone for San Angelo. We'll make this work!!!

Diane
Diane Newton
Saratoga N389BW
We have the room to take larger dogs.
We can travel as far as 350 miles (one way) from our airport in Newcastle, Wyoming (KECS) for transports.