DONE! Lab Mix from Nankucket, MA to Northern NJ

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
schicky7

DONE! Lab Mix from Nankucket, MA to Northern NJ

Post by schicky7 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi, I am trying to get Mattie, a Lab / Shepard mix from Nankucket, MA to South Orange, NJ. Our shelter in NJ is close to several small airports including Essex County Airfield in Caldwell and Teterboro. We can easily pick up Mattie at either airport in NJ & both sides are ready to go whenever possible.

Mattie was flown up to Nantucket on Jan. 14th through Pilots N Paws. The flight went like clockwork and she behaved perfectly in the plane. Unfortunately, Mattie didn't assimilate well at the Nantucket MSCPA shelter where she was the only dog & where we believed she would be quickly adopted.

I've been told that she has been growling at the staff after a few blissful days and nipped one or two without drawing blood. Mattie spent almost 3 years at our very crowded shelter in NJ & didn't display this kind of behavior. Apparently, the whole move to Nantucket may have been too much for Mattie and sadly they want us to take her back.

The pilot who flow Mattie to Nantucket is available on Valentine's weekend. If anyone can do it sooner that would be very appreciated.

My name is Michael Schickram and I can be reached at 973-650-9042 or [email protected]. My contact in Nantucket is Stephanie Henke. Her phone number is 508-825-2287 and her e-mail is [email protected].

And, this is a link to Mattie's petfinder.com profile. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... id=7411489. She is really not a vicious dog, I promise!!

Thanks, Mike [map:02554-07079]