DONE Shep Mix from Whiteville, NC to Ft. Leavenworth, KS

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
cdeaton08

DONE Shep Mix from Whiteville, NC to Ft. Leavenworth, KS

Post by cdeaton08 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 am

Good morning...

We recently rescued a shepherd mix girl just minutes away from her deadline of being put to sleep. We have had 2 transports fall through and are desperately looking for a loving caring transport for this sad little girl. She was found in a ditch of water alone and cold. Once in the shelter in Whiteville, NC she was given "LESS THAN" 48 hours because the shelter euthanizes all animals every Friday that aren't adopted. She was one of only a couple of dogs that week that not one single person showed interest in and I couldn't let her die. Air transport will probably be the best for this little girl as it is the quickest and she seems to be sad and depressed and is not adjusting to being in a kennel very well, I'm not sure how she'd do on teh almost 1200 mile car journey.

I found Pilots N Paws through a rescue contact Mala Brady who recently saved a dog (the other that no one showed interest in the week we saved our girl) out of the same high kill shelter. Mala spoke so highly of Pilots N Paws and just couldn't say enough of how thoughtful and caring the pilots were that helped Angel get from NC to her home.

If there are any pilots out there that could help (on what will be a multi leg journey) we would be so much more than greatful. "Ellie" is currently in Whiteville, NC (28472) and we are located at Fort Leavenworth, KS. (66027 closest airport, Sherman Army Airfield which does have private pilots that fly in). There are several other airports around that could work for everyone.

Thank you so very much for EVERYTHING that you all do, for the kindness and compassion that you show these animals in getting them from often not so good situations to their forever homes. You deserve the utmost respect from us all!

Sincerely,
Cherie' Deaton
Cell: 254-319-3348
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1538878222

PS: This is the only picture we have of "Ellie", it was taken when she was put in the high kill shelter... Can you help us bring her home where she'll be loved and cared for?
Last edited by cdeaton08 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cdeaton08

Re: Young Shep. Mix from Whiteville, NC to Ft. Leavenworth,

Post by cdeaton08 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm

I have an offer from Anna Brown for the first leg of the flight from NC to Newnan, GA. (zip codes: 30263 and 30265). Anna is available to fly Oct. 26th or Oct. 28th. Although we wanted to get "Ellie" here sooner we are very thankful for the offer and "completely welcome it".

We still need 2-3 more legs to get this sad little girl home to Kansas.

1st Leg: NC to Newnan, Georgia (zip codes: 30263 and 30265)
2nd Leg: Newnan, GA to ???? STILL NEED
3rd Leg: ???? to Ft. Leavenworth, KS (zip code 66027, Sherman Army Airfield or as close as possible airport) STILL NEED
4th Leg: not sure if we need a 4th yet

PLEASE please please if there's anyone that can help us to get Ellie to her new home respond here or to [email protected] my number is 254-319-3348. She has been in boarding scared to death since Oct. 1st.

We're a military family doing what we can to save the lives of pets who have been thrown away, we don't live on Ft. Leavenworth but will offer any pilot a place to stay if hours are to late to move on and home cooked meals!

Thank you so very much Anna for offering the first leg of Ellie's journey it means more than you know!

Thank you everyone for reading,
Cherie' Deaton
254-319-3348 (cell)
[email protected]
[email protected]

PilotAMB

Re: PLS Help Shep Mix from Whiteville, NC to Ft. Leavenworth

Post by PilotAMB » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:22 pm

It is Anna Brown if I need to go a little father on that first leg to reach a pilot that will do the next, I can do it! :D

J. Keith Decker

Post by J. Keith Decker » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Cherie'. My name is Keith Decker. I was the pilot who took Angel from Elizabethtown, NC. airport to the next relay pilot in Knoxville, TN. I'd be glad to help you, but need to know if "Ellie" has been fully "vetted" with all shots and has a current health certificate. I would do the 1st leg from the closest airport where she is to the Knoxville area. You will need a 2nd pilot for the middle relay. (I believe Jeff Bordini will be the 3rd and bring Ellie home).

jdcpilot

Post by jdcpilot » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:55 pm

ALL,

I was the PNP Pilot who flew Angel from Knoxville, TN to Kennett, MO. I can help fly your dog but read the following.

1. I can only fly on next Wed and I must be in the air no later then 12 Noon EDT. My roundtrip distance is 600NM and we have no runway lights. I also, have other obligations in the early evening.
2. I Will fly from Deerfield Resort , TN44, 20 NM North of Knoxville Downtown Island Airport. I have a hangar there, so I will already be there. Like Angel, I will be flying to Kennett, MO, TKX.
3. The dog must be clean, have complete health records including Health Certificate.
4. The dog must be altered. In this case, spayed.
5. I would like to know about the dogs temperment. You said , scared but how well have you got to know the dog.??
How long has the dog been out of the shelter?

Jim Carney
PNP

Pa28-140
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Pa28-140 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 am

Cherie,

I'm the third pilot that brought Angel home on the leg from Kennet, MO to Kansas City. I am available to fly this Wednesday 10/20/2010. When all of the other pilots are satisfied that they can fly, count me in. I'm in the same boat as Jim Carney with regards to needing to be back in Kansas City before dark. For me, that translates into leaving Kennet, MO not later that about 2:30. I think Keith and Jim have my email and phone contact information. I hope we can get this done.
Jim Bordoni
Kansas City
[email protected]
Cell: 913-707-8049

J. Keith Decker

Post by J. Keith Decker » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 am

Mornin' All. Wed. 10-20 is fine with me. As long as Ellie is fully vetted, certified and clean, I can have her to Jim in plenty of time for him and Jim B. to meet their schedules. Cherie', like Jim C., I'm also interested in Ellie's tempermant. Plz post back ASAP. Thanks, Keith.

cdeaton08

Post by cdeaton08 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Good morning everyone :)

I will be in contact with the rescue poc sometime this morning to get all of the specific information you've requested. I'll update just as soon as I've talked to her.

Thank you all so very much, everything you do for the sake of the animals means more than you'll ever know!

Cherie' Deaton
254-319-3348
[email protected]
[email protected]

cdeaton08

Post by cdeaton08 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Hello again everyone,

I spoke with the rescue poc this morning. Ellie has had her shots, been wormed, flea and tick treated and will travel with a health certificate. Her temeperment is good, she is just shy but has not offered to bite or growl at a human since being in the kennel or vets office. I was told that she is a very sweet girl. "Ellie" is approx. 1 yr old and under 40lbs possibly a Shepherd/Retriever mix. She will be bathed and have her nails trimmed before she flies. The poc has also said that Wednesday is fine for flight from Elizabethtown, NC.

I have emailed you all in a lot more detail answering your questions posted here on PnP. I also included the POC's phone number for Keith since he would be doing the first leg of the trip.

Hope to speak with you all soon and again, thank you for all that you do, it truly means so very much!

Cherie' Deaton
254-319-3348
[email protected]
[email protected]

jdcpilot

Post by jdcpilot » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 am

All,
I have agreed to help transport Ellie unspayed but under the condition , she will be when she gets to KS and we will get a copy of the vet record. Like Jim, I will need to get going early on Wed.
Jim Carney
901-496-0768