DONE! Kansas City, MO to Wichita, KS (basset hound)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
wyvonnia

DONE! Kansas City, MO to Wichita, KS (basset hound)

Post by wyvonnia » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:16 am

A basset hound has ground transport from Columbia, MO to Kansas City, MO and we are trying to find someone to fly him to Wichita International KICT at Yingling where his rescuer works at.

The ground transporter (Phil) can drive the basset this Saturday or Sunday.

The basset is three years old and very sweet. He has a low immune system so we do not want him boarded overnight at a kennel (to prevent kennel cough or upper respiratory infection) so we are trying to get his transport done in one fell swoop.

This leg of the transport is approx. 180 miles (as the crow flies).

If anyone is available this weekend to help out, please let me know. Thank you.

Wyvonnia Neeley
Attachments
basset.JPG
basset.JPG (90.32 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Last edited by wyvonnia on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdeaton08

Re: Kansas City, MO to Wichita, KS (basset hound)

Post by cdeaton08 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 am

Wyvonnia,

If for any reason you can't get a flight out of KC this weekend and he needs to stay somewhere overnight PLEASE let me know (we are NOT a kennel but a family that helps when and where we can). We are about 45 min from KC (near Ft. Leavenworth, KS) and can foster him for the night. If need be on Monday I could also drive him a little farther south to another airport if you need it.

Cherie' Deaton
254-319-3348
[email protected]
[email protected]

Pa28-140
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Pa28-140 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:18 am

Wyvonnia,

If you don't get someone for this weekend for the leg from Kansas City to Wichita, I can make the flight on Wednesday to Wichita if Cherie' can foster for a few nights. I live in Lenexa, which isn't very far from Leavenworth. Can the forever family pick up the pooch from Jabarra Airport in Wichita? Please email or call. (913) 707-8049
Jim Bordoni
Kansas City
[email protected]
Cell: 913-707-8049

wyvonnia

Post by wyvonnia » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Thank you all so much for the wonderful help! If everything goes according to plan, a pilot by the name of Andrew will be flying into Jefferson City, MO today to pick up the basset and fly him to the Jabara airport in Wichita this evening. I will post a reply on here in case we have to make alternate plans. Many, many thanks.

Wyvonnia

cdeaton08

Post by cdeaton08 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:25 pm

That's GREAT news! So glad you found a flight and get this sweet boy where he needs to be! If you need anything please don't hesitate to contact me :)

wyvonnia

Post by wyvonnia » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:51 pm

The basset boy (severely emaciated at that) is now in Wichita! Thank you so much Cherie, I certainly will! Have a wonderful weekend.

Wy