8A0 to KXLL, KMPO or between - Mom/8pups

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
medic935

8A0 to KXLL, KMPO or between - Mom/8pups

Post by medic935 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello to all my amazing Pilot friends that have done so much for us throughout the recent months/years!

We are once again in an urgent situation with a family of dogs. This mom and babies were dumped in a trailer park when the babies were only about 3 weeks old. The people there cannot care for them any longer and have no place for them to go. They are currently outside with only a vari-kennel as shelter (which they do not seem to be using) We are trying to make sure they do NOT get dumped at the local shelter, as it is very high kill or killed by other animals. I have a liason down there that can get them to the vet and to you whenever your schedule allows. She says the closest airport is 8A0. She may even be able to get them to Chattanooga, TN if that is better for any of you. She is, however, leaving for WI on 10/28, so if we dont get them out before then, we will have no access and the people that own the trailer are going to send them to the pound. I would need them to come to me as close to KMPO as possible. KXLL or KABE are just fine, or anything as far as Philadelphia would be good. We don’t want the babies to do too much ground transport as young as they are – they are about 4 weeks now. Mom will, of course, have a health certificate. Babies will need to ride with mom – they are still nursing. I had them test mom for Heartworm and she is negative. Mom is a small retriever mix - about 40 lbs. The pups are only about 4-6 lbs each from what we can gather.

Please let me know if any of you can handle this trip for me. As always, I am forever grateful for what you do!

Maria McKenna
570-656-2279
Last edited by medic935 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elliottdeg
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 8A0 to KXLL, KMPO or between - Mom/8pups

Post by elliottdeg » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:49 pm

If someone can get them to Frederick, MD (kfdk), I can take them to KMPO. Alternatively, if you break up the trip into 3 segments, 8A0 to KTRI to KOKV to KMPO, I could take the last leg from KOKV to KMPO.