Re: DONE THANKS:Golden mix NE NC or Williamsburg, VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
GaryS
Zip Code: 80134
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DONE THANKS:Golden mix NE NC or Williamsburg, VA

Post by GaryS » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Julianne,
I can fly this Saturday. Can pick up the dog(s) in Williamsburg (KJGG) and fly to Millville, NJ (KMIV) or to Flying W (N14) or So. Jersey
Regional (KVAY).
Let me know if this will help. I assume you have my contact info from the last flight.

Gary S.
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only

Mooseman
Zip Code: 02144
Airport identifier: KBED
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: Golden mix NE NC or Williamsburg, VA to Claremont, NH

Post by Mooseman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:05 am

Hi - Gary and Julianne
Gary, Is there any chance you could get the dog a further north in N.J. - as far as Greeenwood Lake (4N1) or Sussex (FWN)? Or a short connector hop? If there's a way to put him up overnight I could pick the dog up on Sunday (can't do Saturday) at one of those airports and bring him to N.H., whatever the nearest airport is to Claremont. Weather permitting since right now I'm VFR only. I know this makes it more complicated, but I wanted to offer,

Margery
617 417-2834

Jersey AirTran

Post by Jersey AirTran » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm

i can get him from millville to greenwood lake no problem. im based at KBLM....let me know when.

Intis.

nicholas757

Post by nicholas757 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi,
I am based in Williamsburg and can pick up the dog in North Carolina and take him/her as far north as Wildwood, NJ KWWD if that would help.

Nick

Mooseman
Zip Code: 02144
Airport identifier: KBED
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by Mooseman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi,
Greenwood Lake (4N1) would be terrific if it could be Sunday. I realize the initial request was for Saturday and maybe there's a way the dog could be fostered and brought up to 4N1 on Sunday morning? I am only VFR so it will be weather permitting, but I could definitely do it then.

Margery

Jersey AirTran

Post by Jersey AirTran » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 pm

HI Gang!
Right now the weather forcast is Sunny for sat but rainy(30 percent) for Sunday and thats NJ all the way to NH. even if it does not rain it may be IFR anyway...Too early to tell
let s see what happens. I'm new to the group and this will be my first run. Millville,South Jersey Reg are good meeting points.Both have great resturants for the arriving pilot.Fuel prices are'nt the best but not the worst.Check AIRNAV.COM....
Right now im Unable to do any overnight fostering at this time.that may change in the future though...
Sounds like we have the (1) Va to NJ leg covered,(2) I can cover the South jersey to North jersey/NY state border. All we need is the 3rd leg to NH covered....
pilots can email me or Pm me direct with suggestions...this might need to be posponed since our NH pilot is unavailable on Saturday.

Thanks,

Intis

GaryS

Post by GaryS » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

It looks like maybe Nick and Intis have this covered. As a backup, I could get also get the dog(s) to Greenwood Lake, if needed, from WWD or MIV. Another option for me would be if Nick brought the dog(s) to KFME, I could take them from there to Greewood Lake. If flying VFR into FME, one needs to file a special DC SFRA flight plan to enter the SFRA. If flying IFR, it's not an issue. Wx forecast I just saw looks okay for both Sat. or Sun.
Let me know if I'll be needed.
Thanks
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only

Jersey AirTran

Post by Jersey AirTran » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 pm

so far i have not spoken to anyone yet as of who will fly what leg......so everything is still wide open. the closer anyone can get Mr Bogart to me, the father north i can take him. Nick and Gary, see you 2 can coordinate getting the Dog to NJ......3N6 (Old bridge has fuel for 4.25) Kblm is 10 mins away where im based the fuel price is a ripoff. ......so if you dont need fuel my airport is fine. i buy my gas a tOldbridge so we can meet there.....this is further than MIV but closer than going all the way up to Greenwood Lake... unless Margery will be flying,then we stick to the oringinal plan....which would be a MIV,VAY or WWD.....which ever is your preference is fine with me.
If i do the GeenwoodLake connection, My first choice is VAY then MIV and WWD last for a pickup.......

we need someone for the New england leg to complete this trip though. Margery mentioned Sunday..weather permitting. I have not seen any other volunteers yet...

Intis Dzenis

Grumman AA5A Cheetah. Kblm Monmouth Executive NJ
732-397-2188 after 6pm

GaryS

Post by GaryS » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:43 pm

This is getting a little confusing, I think. I can bring the dog(s) to 3N6 from FME, WWD, MIV, even ESN or CGE, depending on where Nick wants to fly.
I'd prefer FME, WWD or MIV if I'm to fly them to Greenwood Lake.
Nick - you pick the place and I'll plan accordingly.
I can do either Sat or Sunday as long as the wx remains VFR.
That covers the first two legs to NJ, so I guess we just need a decision on the third leg - airport to meet and which day.
Standing by.
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only

nicholas757

Post by nicholas757 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:45 pm

I agree Gary it is getting confusing. I am going to smooth it out on my end now.

I will be picking the dogs up in North Carolina KOCW on Saturday. I plan to be on the ground there between 9am and 9:30. I will leave KOCW by 10:am and fly direct to Wildwood, NJ KWWD. It is about 2 hrs in my plane which is a Cherokee 180 # N3493R Red, White & Blue.

I e-mailed Julianne she is having trouble with her computer and can't access the PNP site. She hopes to have it resolved tonite.

Gary, If you will send me an e-mail we can exchange phone numbers and work out the rest of the route.

Thanks all,
Nick