Nov 21st 1f - 1m mix breed death row rescues

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Painfultruth
Zip Code: 63935
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Nov 21st 1f - 1m mix breed death row rescues

Post by Painfultruth » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:11 am

Number of animals being transported: two
Breeds, weight, age: 1 Female Pit Bull mix 2yrs 60lbs (Rain), 1 male pitbull/basset 2yrs 50lbs (Wee Man)
Health Condition: Rain is healthy no problems, Wee Man has heartworms will have a permit issued from state of South Dakota vet to be allowed in the state for treatment. .
Heart worm Status: Wee Man yes, will have health cert that states so and a permit from South Dakota with permission for him to come to the state.
Vaccinations: Both are up to date
Health Certificate: both will have them
Spay/Neutered: no (to be done in rescue once here)
Special needs: none
Name of your rescue: Painfultruth.org
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Courtnee 605.987.7371
Additional Info/situation: Wee Man has permission from the animal board of South Dakota / State Vet to come to South Dakota with heartworms and the state vet will issue a permit to travel with Wee Man that he can come here with his heartworms, as we have an agreement for treatment for him as soon as he gets here he will be taken to my vet right away to be boarded until done with treatment. Rain is a bit timid and shy but both dogs are very friendly.

Charlie will be flying them from Birmingham, AL to Clinton, MO we are looking for a second pilot to finish the trip.

I am willing to work with anything in between Missouri and South Dakota such as Nebraska, Iowa etc.

The dogs need to get to South Dakota. I can do some ground transport but trying to limit it as much as I can. Closer I can get them to me the better. In South Dakota I have to take one of the dogs clear up to Watertown, SD already, the other one Wee Man has to be driven to my vet instantly to be boarded and treated.

Last edited by Painfultruth on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alysun Smith
Wonder Weims Rescue
[email protected]
573-707-4232

charlie
Zip Code: 54313
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGRB

Re: Nov 22nd 1f - 1m mix breed death row rescues

Post by charlie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 pm

KGLY is Clinton, MO. I can go as far north as KLXT if someone up there wants to help out.

Any help anyone can provide is much appreciated. The trip from 08A->BHM->KGLY is a long one otherwise I would take them all the way up to SD.

Also the date for this is Nov 21st (Sunday). Nov 22nd is a backup date incase of bad weather.
Charlie
Commercial-ASEL, Commercial-AMEL, IFR, CFI, CFII
N7742G - A Piper Seneca III

email me. Email address is my first name followed by at pilotsmith.com

Painfultruth
Zip Code: 63935
Pilot?: No

Re: Nov 21st 1f - 1m mix breed death row rescues

Post by Painfultruth » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:28 pm

This is still on schedule for Nov 21st and looking for help still.
Alysun Smith
Wonder Weims Rescue
[email protected]
573-707-4232

charlie
Zip Code: 54313
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGRB

Re: Nov 21st 1f - 1m mix breed death row rescues

Post by charlie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 am

This is this Sunday. Would anyone be willing to pick these pups up at KGLY and fly them up closer to SD? Even St Joseph in Kansas City would be a huge help for me and Painfultruth. Painfultruth is planning to drive all the way from SD to Lee's Summit, every mile we can shave off her trip is a mile that's easier on the dogs.

KGLY is a great little airport in Clinton, MO. Self Service Fuel at $3.80/gallon. KGLY is a great stop for these dogs to have a chance to rest after a 4 hour flight from Birmingham, AL.
Charlie
Commercial-ASEL, Commercial-AMEL, IFR, CFI, CFII
N7742G - A Piper Seneca III

email me. Email address is my first name followed by at pilotsmith.com