Rescued, but Elderly Rottie begging for a ride to new home!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: Rottweiler
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Yes
Special needs: None
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Animal Welfare League of Mississippi
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Linda J. Merideth, Volunteer
Additional Info/situation: This sweet, docile Rottie was saved from being euthanized, but has now been kenneled for more than FIVE MONTHS!!! A rescue has been found in Atlanta, but we need help in transporting her! If anyone is able to help, please contact Linda at 662-822-0000 or by email, [email protected].

While her life is not at stake, her health is and she really, really needs to get out of a kennel! Please help if you can!

Thanks,
Linda Merideth
www.awlofms.org
662-822-0000

USAFA06

Re: Rescued, but Elderly Rottie begging for a ride to new ho

Post by USAFA06 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Linda,

I hate for her to have to stay in the shelter a day longer...but we will be flying through Greenville in early December. Our plane is getting its annual inspection for the next few weeks or I would do it tomorrow! We live just outside the Douglasville area, so this will be a very easy hop for us. Thanks, and I hope to hear from you.

Melanie

LindaJMerideth

Re: Rescued, but Elderly Rottie begging for a ride to new ho

Post by LindaJMerideth » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi Melanie,

Thank you SO MUCH for your most generous offer!! Please just let me know when you will be coming through, and in the meantime I am still going to cross my fingers and pray that someone else might possibly be able to help......I would just love to get her out of the kennel asap!

Thanks!!
Linda Merideth
www.awlofms.org
662-822-0000

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Monique, the Rottie that was rescued but has spent the last 5 to 6 months in a kennel, is finally in her final rescue! A very, very gracious pilot named Bill Whitmer offered to fly the ENTIRE transport, and he reported that the trip for Monique went smothly!

There are not enough words to express our appreciation for Mr. Whitmer and the many, many other pilots who donate their time and gasoline to transport homeless dogs to safety!! Without them, many more dogs would die!

Thanks,
Linda Merideth
www.awlofms.org
662-822-0000