Stella, the once chained dog, would like to fly with you!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Iggy
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Stella, the once chained dog, would like to fly with you

Post by Iggy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Jason,
That crate should fit fine. There is lots of room in the back of the plane and I'll pull the back 2 seats to give us a nice big space to use. Thanks so much for getting the crate for her ride. Love the pictures. The family is happy to help Stella get to her new home and lose the tree! Looks like we are a go.

Ralph
cell: 240 577-5457

JasonLedford

Post by JasonLedford » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Ralph,

My people are in place! Safe flying tomorrow. Call me if you run into any trouble.

- Jason.

Iggy

Post by Iggy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Jason,
Copy all. Looks like a go. I'll call you if we have any issues or changes. Thanks for all the help!
Ralph

JasonLedford

Post by JasonLedford » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Iggy! Thanks for the great gift to Stella and the Australian Cattle Dog Rescue Association!

Stella is now with Katie, as you know, and getting used to her new cattle dog buddy and 20 acre farm! All thanks to you and your generous offer to fly her. This was the fastest, easiest foster transport I've ever done.

Again, Thanks to you and your daughter. Hope you guys had a great flight. It was a gorgeous, cloudless, windless day here in VA. Hope it was the same for your whole flight.

I'm marking this done! I'll leave the facebook link up for awhile and update it with photos of her and how she's doing. Check back if you'd like to see!

Iggy

Post by Iggy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Jason,
We had a great time and it was great helping Stella get to her new foster mom! I hope she finds a permanent home soon. She was a great flyer. Never a peep even though just after Kay put her in the crate in the plane, we noticed she'd broken one of her toenails off and was bleeding. Ouch! We felt terrible but don't know how she hurt herself since everything went so smoothly. Even with that injury, she was a great flyer and slept most of the way. Katie was right there when we landed and Stella was a bit tentative but seemed to like walking around again once I lowered her to the ground. She's a good girl! Thanks to you, Kay and Katie for making our Saturday a super day. You all are the heroes here and are doing wonderful work. Thanks for letting us share in such a great experience. We'll keep an eye out for Stella updates. Take care and thank you!

Ralph and Elena