TRANSPORT COMPLETE!!! DENVER PILOTS NEEDED to Wyoming/Idaho

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ac98wm
Zip Code: 80129
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DENVER PILOTS NEEDED to Wyoming/Idaho

Post by ac98wm » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:27 pm

I am close enough to Aurora to make that portion work. I would be willing to fly to Rock Springs (KRKS) with both of them. The dogs not having a crate or any restraining device could be a problem. I have standard seatbelts (like the belts in the front seat of a car -- over the lap and over the shoulder) to which we could attach a restraining system to the dogs. If you or the current owner has those or is willing to buy them, then it may be feasible. I definately can't take them unrestrained.

Also, I can only make this flight on a Saturday or Sunday. The 21st and 22nd both work fine for me.

-Adam
-Adam

Denver, CO
Home Base: KAPA (Centennial Airport)
200 NM OK
Typically Weekends Only

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:11 pm

ac98wm wrote: The dogs not having a crate or any restraining device could be a problem. I have standard seatbelts (like the belts in the front seat of a car -- over the lap and over the shoulder) to which we could attach a restraining system to the dogs. If you or the current owner has those or is willing to buy them, then it may be feasible. I definately can't take them unrestrained.
Also, I can only make this flight on a Saturday or Sunday. The 21st and 22nd both work fine for me.
-Adam
Adam and all, I have crates and harnesses available for pilots to use for transports if you need them. I doubt I have time to get them sent to you before this flight takes place but hopefully the this rescue can help?

Rescues, please do your best to find a way to send your animal with the necessary equipment, i.e. a collar and leash and a safety harness for the large dogs who will not fit in a crate. The large size safety harness is around $18.00 - 27.00 depending upon the manufacturer and can be used repeatedly for flights. These special harnesses have clips that lock directly into the seatbelts of the plane. They are adjustable and not difficult to use. If you are asking for transport, please abide by each pilots request and comfort zone. Pilots are willing to help you and you need to be willing to assist them. Here is the link for anyone who would like to see what these harnesses look like.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... 0&keepsr=0

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2755199

Thanks all and once again, pilots if you need crates or harnesses please email me privately , [email protected] with your UPS shipping address and size crate needed. I will be happy to send on to you!

Debi

richclover

Post by richclover » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 pm

ac98wm wrote:I am close enough to Aurora to make that portion work. I would be willing to fly to Rock Springs (KRKS) with both of them. The dogs not having a crate or any restraining device could be a problem. I have standard seatbelts (like the belts in the front seat of a car -- over the lap and over the shoulder) to which we could attach a restraining system to the dogs. If you or the current owner has those or is willing to buy them, then it may be feasible. I definately can't take them unrestrained.

-Adam
Adam and Lynn, 21st or 22nd will work for me, next would be Sunday March 1.

Agreed, Adam, although we fly with our Aussie Shepherd in the back seat, I won't carry an unfamiliar critter unrestrained. You can get, for a few bucks, a medium size harness and leash at WalMart. Use it for lots of rescues.

Lynn, I see on the foster map that there are volunteer foster homes in the Denver area, should we not get the dates worked out exactly.

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:39 am

Hey Lynn
What is left that you need??? is this all covered?

Cheryl
[email protected]

glacier

SPRINGFIELD, MO-KANSAS CITY-DENVER-WYOMING-IDAHO

Post by glacier » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 am

Hi, Are there any pilots in the Springfield, Mo area going to Kansas City or ideally to Denver to transport Juno/ a male intact Samoyed. The ground transport I had arranged to Denver is getting complicated. I need to get him transported as soon as possible, as his foster home needs the space for other rescues that do not have a forever home. Juno's new forever home is with me in Hailey, Idaho. Rich in Evanston has offered to fly him to Idaho, just need to get Juno to Rich and of course, hopefully the days will coordinate. My email is: [email protected] Thank You.

glacier

Post by glacier » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:21 am

Hi Again; I missed seeing a couple of your posts. Sorry. I also did not know there was a Foster Map. Until I can speak with all of the ground parties involved on Tues 2/17, the situation is this: The long distance driver will not know until the 19th which day he will be in Kingdom City, Mo to pick Juno up. It will be either the 21st or 22nd, which means Juno will not arrive in Aurora until probably the 23rd. I'm not sure if the little dog is still coming, as the new owner has not responded to my emails over this past weekend. If Juno comes via C.A.R.E. (Colorado Animal Rescue Express),(a van) they pick up in Kansas City on the 25th and would probably not be in Denver until the 26th. I'm so grateful for your offers and will post as soon as I have a definite date for his arrival in the Denver area. Kathy, if you are online, would you please contact me regarding Sherry tonight or first thing in the morning. Thank You. Lynn

glacier

Post by glacier » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:56 am

Okay, I now see the foster map, but I cannot get any foster list to come up. Same as on the pilot map. I keep getting "file not found" on both. Am I missing something?

ac98wm

Post by ac98wm » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:27 am

Just let me know what date the DEN to Rock Springs leg ends up being. I can make most weekends. So Feb 28th would work for me. Unfortunately, I can't house your dog overnight as I have a rescue dog myself that is not yet "social" with other dogs.

The only other thing for me is we need a restraining device. So depending on the timing, we may be able to mail one to me for use or I am happy to pick one up and send it with the dog if you are willing to pay for the device. I just don't have a lot of use for owning one. Just let me know if and when you need my help.

-Adam
-Adam

Denver, CO
200 NM OK
Typically Weekends Only

glacier

Post by glacier » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 am

Hi Adam,
As of tonight (11pm Tues night), it looks like Juno will be in Aurora either the 23 or 24th. I spoke with Rich today and he can fly on Wed the 25th. Would you be available the morning of the 25th to fly Aurora to Rock Springs? Rich would then fly Rock Springs to Hailey. If you are not available, are there any other Denver area pilots out there that would be available on Wed morning?

ac98wm

Post by ac98wm » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:04 am

Sorry, I can't make the 25th. The earliest I can fly after Juno's arrival would be the 28th.
-Adam
-Adam

Denver, CO
200 NM OK
Typically Weekends Only