TRANSPORT COMPLETE!!! DENVER PILOTS NEEDED to Wyoming/Idaho

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
glacier

TRANSPORT COMPLETE!!! DENVER PILOTS NEEDED to Wyoming/Idaho

Post by glacier » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:33 am

Denver Pilots: Please see follow-up 3rd post below. Thank You.

Hi All; I am adopting a large male Samoyed from So. Missouri, that is being pulled from a high-kill, gassing, city shelter on Mon 2/9/09; I need to get this boy to Idaho as soon as possible. He will be housed at the Bear Creek Rescue Sanctuary in Ava, Mo (zip 65608). Would you be willing to help get this beautiful boy to his forever home full of love, hugs, and kisses in Hailey, Idaho (zip 83333) (airport code: KSUN). He will be forever grateful! I am naming him "JUNO". Please email me at: [email protected] Single or Multiple Flights. Thanking all of you Wonderful Pilots in advance for helping these deserving furkids; you are indeed Angels in Disguise! [map:65608-83333]
Last edited by glacier on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mrbusybody
Zip Code: 83404
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KIDA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Samoyed from Ava, Mo (65608) to Hailey, Id (83333)(KSUN)

Post by Mrbusybody » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 pm

I can do a leg from around Idaho Falls (KIDA) to Hailey. Could drive if necessary to complete the trip, since Hailey in located in a mountain valley.

Mrbusybody

glacier

Post by glacier » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Mrbusybody wrote:I can do a leg from around Idaho Falls (KIDA) to Hailey. Could drive if necessary to complete the trip, since Hailey in located in a mountain valley.

Mrbusybody
Thank you for your offer. I will keep you posted. Juno just got to his foster home in Mo very late this afternoon.

glacier

Post by glacier » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am

DENVER PILOTS NEEDED. I have ground transport for Juno to arrive in Denver area (Aurora) approx. 2/22 or 23. I will know the exact date about 2/19 or 20. Juno is a male Samoyed. There may be a small dog as well. Are there any pilots that would be able to fly them to Wyoming and Idaho? Would anyone be able to keep them overnight? If anyone would be able to fly them from southern Missouri, Columbia, Mo, Kansas City or Wichita, that would work as well. Please email me at: [email protected] Thank you.

ac98wm
Zip Code: 80129
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DENVER PILOTS NEEDED to Wyoming/Idaho

Post by ac98wm » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 am

How big is the dog (weight)? Do you have a crate (and what are the measurements)?

I am based in Denver and might be able to help get the dog up to Wyoming. I don't have a large cargo area so I need some measurements before we can be sure the dog will fit.

-Adam
-Adam

Denver, CO
Home Base: KAPA (Centennial Airport)
200 NM OK
Typically Weekends Only

glacier

Post by glacier » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Adam, Thank you for your reply. I'm waiting to hear from his temp foster home on weight and measurements. That probably won't be until next week when she takes him to a vet for his rabies and health certificate. There will also be a little dog going to Wyoming (either Lander or Riverton) with him. That dog is 20-25 # and I believe is a puppy. My dog, Juno, is coming to Hailey, Idaho (KSUN) I'm waiting to hear from all parties involved. Will keep you posted. I've tried to copy a photo of him (so you can get an idea of size) several times to this post, but it just won't work.

richclover

Post by richclover » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:13 pm

We're available Feb 25, 26. We can do Evanston, WY, to Hailey, or Cheyenne to Evanston.

glacier

Post by glacier » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:33 am

Hi Rich, Thank you for your offer. If I can get Juno to Evanston and you would be able to fly him to Hailey, that would be fabulous! I still don't have a weight and height measurement yet. He is a Samoyed/Mix (maybe Samoyed/Golden; about that size). Adam, in prior reply, would you be able to fly from Denver to Evanston with both dogs if they will fit? They will not be crated, unless you have one. Do you have a seat-belt harness? I believe the little dog's new mom would be able to drive to Evanston, unless you would be able to fly him to Lander or Riverton as well. The original plan was to drive them from Denver to Riverton, Wy and then somehow get Juno to me in Hailey. If need be, would either of you be able to keep the boys overnight? When they get to Denver, they will be in Aurora. Adam, are you close to Aurora? They will be arriving in Aurora via a long distance trucker that travels I-70 on a regular basis and has transported rescues for 5 years. Rich and Adam, I greatly appreciate your offers to help; what you do is so touching. You can email me directly at: [email protected] Thank You and I will keep you posted. Lynn

richclover

Post by richclover » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:22 am

Lynn, we can do Rock Springs - Hailey if that will help... Also, should the weather be bad at Hailey, can you drive to Burley or Twin Falls?

glacier

Post by glacier » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:28 am

Good Morning Rich, Yes, I certainly can drive to either. Burley is about 130 mi for me and the Twin airport about 90mi. Jerome is also good. Also, I believe Arco has an airport, but I do not know what the services are. Last evening, I emailed both yourself and Adam (in Denver) with photos of Juno, to get an idea of his size. I also work at the FBO in Hailey, so if on a Wed, it would be harder for me to drive a long distance as I don't get off until late afternoon. Thursday's, I'm off. Lynn