New to PNP, looking to Co-pilot first few flights

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

New to PNP, looking to Co-pilot first few flights

Postby stalcudj on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:19 am

I am a private pilot with around 150 hours in the Cincinnati area, working towards an instrument and commercial in the part 141 program at Sporty's. Most of my time is in 172's. I eventually want to do my own PNP flights but would prefer to do my first few flights as a co-pilot for someone who has prior PNP flights under their belt. I basically would like to get a better sense of how things work and any tricks of the trade before tackeling flights on my own. I69, KLUK, KHAO, KISZ, name an airport in or near Cincinnati or even Dayton and I'm game.
stalcudj

Re: New to PNP, looking to Co-pilot first few flights

Postby patthepilot on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Look on the forums for flights in the cinci area, and ask the pilots there if you can ride along. Or, if you're ever in the Raleigh, NC area, drop me a line and you can ride along on one of my flights. Here's what I posted to another new pilot to the group:

Welcome to the site. Your first few PNP flights may be a bit confusing, it normally just works like a few emails back and forth. A rescue will want a flight from say Cinci to Columbus. You can make the flight, so you let them know you're interested. Typical questions to ask (you add questions to your list the more flights you make) are-how big are the dogs? What size crates do you have or should you bring? Any special needs? Who to meet in Columbus? Get contact information for everyone, show up when you say you will, pick up the dogs, make the flight and drop them off. Normally they dogs love the sound of the engine and fall asleep, other timid dogs take a while but finally ease up a bit.

If you have any other questions just ask on the board or send me a message. We're all pretty friendly and have the same goal-getting needy pets to new homes.
-Patrick L
Based south of Raleigh, NC
Available most weekends and holidays
patthepilot

Return to "Pilot Talk"