Wings for PNP Pilots...?

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

Wings for PNP Pilots...?

Postby mwpowell on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Hello, everyone. My 8-yr old son & I have been doing PnP flights for about 6 months now, and were talking last night about how neat it would be to have pilot-wings with the PnP logo on them, both to "advertise" PnP as well a to promote pride in our organization. We could conceivably even do "half-wings" for the non-pilot members of the crews, or our coordinating partners in the rescue-shelters.

I've checked the Johnson's website, and it looks like custom 3" wings (in silver, gold, or oxidized silver) could be done for $30 - 40 each (+shipping), depending on quantity (price actually drops as low as $23 each for quantities > 100). This is for a 4-color logo. They have a number of wing styles, but I think any of these would look great with a full-color PnP logo in the middle.

Link 1 => http://greatwings.com/stock-wings/8890-plain.html
Link 2 => http://greatwings.com/stock-wings/6425-plain.html
Link 3 => http://greatwings.com/stock-wings/2175-plain.html

Would anyone else be interested in this? I'd be happy to coordinate an order with Johnson's if there are a number of folks interested. Or alternatively...mods - would this be something that could be added to the PnP store?

mark
N758AM - KDWH near Houston, TX, ~ 300 NM radius: can fly to any airport within the limits of roughly Brownsville, TX (KBRO) / San Angelo, TX (KSJT) / Wichita Falls, TX (KCWC) / Durant, OK (KDUA) / Monroe, LA (KMLU) / Houma, LA (KHUM) - WEEKENDS / VFR ONLY
mwpowell

Re: Wings for PNP Pilots...?

Postby admin on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Hey Mark, if enough folks show interest in this, we can check out adding them to our PNP store? We are adding Pilots N Paws embroidered patches to the store very soon. They aren't wings but we have had many requests for these to use on shirts, jackets, caps, etc. I will upload a version of it here for you to see.

Let's see if others will give us feedback on the wings idea? I know there are logos out there that feature just wings, so not sure how distinctive ours would be with our logo? Cool idea, I like it, let's see who else does. Big thanks to you and your son for making these flights. Always remember to send photos and the story to pilotsnpaws@gmail.com so we can share them on our website!

Debi
Attachments
pnpmainpatch-1-mediumfilesize copy.jpg
PNP embroidered patch
admin
Site Admin

Postby JERRY S. on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:54 am

I really like this idea, Im in!

Jerry
JERRY S.

Postby admin on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 pm

JERRY S. wrote:I really like this idea, Im in!

Jerry

Jerry, in for wings pin, patch or both?
admin
Site Admin

Postby rmlewisjr on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Shure, why not. How about leather patch for flight jacket/flight suit.
Rich
N36AF
Cessna R182
Instrument Rated
rmlewisjr

Postby admin on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm

rmlewisjr wrote:Shure, why not. How about leather patch for flight jacket/flight suit.

Rich, these embroidered patches can be used on leather flight jackets. They just need to be sewn on rather then using the iron on feature. We hope to have them up in the store soon.

Regarding the wings, it has been determined that our logo is too large to work properly on wing pins. We have someone working on the design of one and will let you all know if we will be able to offer these as well.

Thanks for your input and support!
admin
Site Admin

Postby mwpowell on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks for the reply, Debi. Have you tried just the pawprint inside the black circle, leaving off the encircling text? I made a simple mock-up in a photo editor, using three different styles of wing, and it looks really cool. I'm trying to upload the image, but for some reason the site is rejecting it, saying the image file is invalid.

mark

Edit - got the file to upload. I think the middle one looks quite cool...mark
Attachments
photo.JPG
PnP wings mock-up
Last edited by mwpowell on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N758AM - KDWH near Houston, TX, ~ 300 NM radius: can fly to any airport within the limits of roughly Brownsville, TX (KBRO) / San Angelo, TX (KSJT) / Wichita Falls, TX (KCWC) / Durant, OK (KDUA) / Monroe, LA (KMLU) / Houma, LA (KHUM) - WEEKENDS / VFR ONLY
mwpowell

Postby rmlewisjr on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm

I was thinking something along the lines of these: http://www.thomastags.com/products/samples/2.htm
Rich
N36AF
Cessna R182
Instrument Rated
rmlewisjr

Postby admin on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:51 pm

rmlewisjr wrote:I was thinking something along the lines of these: http://www.thomastags.com/products/samples/2.htm

Hi Rich, those are nice as well with the embossed leather. We do not have any plans currently to ad these to our store. Pilots N Paws has to purchase the items in advance and with limited funding it does streamline the items we can offer. I can always ask the people who manage our store if they have a distributor for the leather patches and the approximate cost per piece? I could not locate any pricing on the link you supplied.

Also, if you or anyone would like permission for one time use of our logo for a specific purpose such as making a patch for yourself we would be happy to consider that for you. Just another option if you are set on having a specific item for your own use.

Thanks for pointing these out Rich.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby Ladyflier on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm

How about some black polo shirts?
Sue Clark
Ladyflier@aol.com
707 374-4411, 925 997-4778
Ladyflier

Next