IFR Flight Plan- REMARKS

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

IFR Flight Plan- REMARKS

Postby Dr.Bill on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:23 am

ADD to your remarks when filing an IFR flight plan... "PILOTS N PAWS ANIMAL RESCUE FLIGHT".
I did on todays flight and when entering Atlanta airspace, the controller took time to ask me about the comment. I gave her the website and told her about my passenger.
Y'all know, not only did she hear it but all the other pilots on freq did too, and this was Atlanta airspace !! Good PR !
Dr.Bill

Re: IFR Flight Plan- REMARKS

Postby ccameron on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Excellent suggestion!
ccameron

Postby Jon on Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Wow....what a great idea.

I have done a bunch of flights, and a lot coming out of Chattanooga. I never file anything other than the flight plan stuff, but on departure one day ATC asked me if I was the dog pilot. I was surprised and have no idea how they would have known. Now I will put that in the remarks and let the world know what we are doing.

Dr. Bill you get one "atta boy" for that one.
Jon

Postby Michele on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:52 am

I haven't before mentioned PNP rescue flight, but I always put how many canine souls on board in the remarks. PNP Doggy Rescue is a good idea
Michele

Postby Paris on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:54 am

What would be really nice is when PNP gets 501c3 status, they should be able to apply to the FAA and get a company 3-letter call sign. So instead of having a call sign of N123AB, you would have a PNP callsign similar to the way Angel Flight does it. I would also greatly simplify tracking on flightalert, so long as you use the PNP callsign when you file your flight plan or elect VFR flight following.
Paris

Postby Jon on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:00 pm

If the FAA would let us how about we attach a little humor to flights such as the call sign Bow Wow. With the chipped paint on my nose bowl my plane looks kind of "doggy" anyway.

That's no worse than the regional I often hear called Water Ski.
Jon

Postby pmoncure on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 pm

I recall one flight in my four-place Cardinal transporting eight pit puppies, four Catahoula young adults, two beagles and a GSD adult to a NJ no-kill shelter from my home base in Georgia. When passing though the Asheville Charlie, I offered greetings from "Cardinal 177Q and fifteen passengers" :D . Pretty soon the whole ATC staff there, and all which followed, even Potomac and NYC, were aware. If there is a break in the radio traffic, controllers appreciate knowing they too make a difference in saving lives.
pmoncure

Postby ljh1958 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:51 am

I would LOVE to use the call sign Bow Wow - my corgi who went to the Bridge in 2002 was named BowWow, so that call sign would have a very fond place in my heart.

Laura
PP-SEL. IR
Cloud Seven Flying Club
KFCM, Eden Prairie, MN
ljh1958

Postby glassman on Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:00 pm

I followed this suggestion yesterday when we flew our part of a 5-leg relay to get 4 kittens from Georgia to Massachusetts, and several controllers on each hop asked about it. Their comments ranged from "awsome" to "that's so cool". One controller even said "I noticed the remarks in your flight plan, I was wondering what kind of cargo you're carrying today". This suggestion really does work. When I filed my IFR flight plan, I simply put in the remarks section:

PILOTS AND PAWS ANIMAL RESCUE FLIGHT ww.PILOTSNPAWS.ORG

I think we may have even recruited a couple of pilots from the FBO in Roanoke VA too!

Note -- the use of only 2 'w' letters in "ww" above was only to prevent this forum from turning it into a URL.
glassman

Postby jksimmer on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Now that PnP has 501c3 status. If there is still interest in getting a Bow Wow designator for flights, we need the PnP operators to read Advisory Circular 120-26H and provide the FAA with the necessary documentation. The designation would be very useful when navigating around the busier north east airports since it can give us priority routing over other aircraft.
jksimmer

Next

Return to "Pilot Talk"