New to Pilots n Paws

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

New to Pilots n Paws

Postby gzandona on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:01 am

Hi there my name is Geno and I am currently living in Apple Valley, Ca. I am writing to you because I have just joined the pilot N paws. I am a young pilot with my commercial rating. I am currently working for Chalk2, a small flying operation here in Apple Valley chasing the drone aircraft. Anyhow I was just wondering if you have done any flights for PNP yet? I was looking on the website and noticed that there are quite a few people looking for California transports. Anyhow depending on how active you are with this organization I was wondering if you would be interested in a Co-pilot as I do not own a plane and am looking to build more total time, and if I can build time and help others well that’s even better. Please contact me if interested. Thanks for your time.
-Geno

Commercial Pilots License (Total Time: 1336Hours) 310hrs in the last 90 days
ASEL: 1248 hrs, AMEL: 59hrs, PIC: 1229HRS
Complex: 552hrs
High Performance: 650hrs
Instrument: 149 hrs / 1 XMC
Cross Country: 180hrs / 1252hrs PTP
Night: 128hrs
18 hours in a Cessna 402 and 421 (sic)
Second Class Medical, with ability to upgrade to a first class.
Working on Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
gzandona

Re: New to Pilots n Paws

Postby Jon on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 am

Welcome Geno.

There is no single way for pilots to do flights. Some scan the requests for transports and volunteer, some are contacted by rescues in their area, and some are contacted by other pilots who need someone to help fill a relay. The key is patience and persistence. As more and more become aware of PNP, there are more requests. Every area of the country is unique and you will notice a pattern to the requests. Depending on where a pilot is based the rescue flights may involve bringing animals from his area to another area, or conversely, going into another region and picking up animals to bring back to his home area.

We look forward to seeing you posted on our success stories picture show.
Jon

Return to "Pilot Talk"