2 catahoula mix ARK to TN, shelter to foster

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ilovecatahoulas

2 catahoula mix ARK to TN, shelter to foster

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Catahoula mix male and female, 50 and 40 pounds young
Health condition: good
Heartworm status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: yes
Spayed/neutered: will be
Special needs: shy
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Sharon Bryant, 423-340-2138
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Holli, 870-234-7297
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Sharon Bryant, 423-340-2138, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: yes
Date ready for transport: March 22nd
Additional info/situation: shelter to foster rescue, planned ground transport for this same day, so if we can get a Little Rock to Nashville flight, that would be great too! :)

Ryan650

Re: 2 catahoula mix ARK to TN, shelter to foster

Post by Ryan650 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Hello

I can probably help you with this. I am not available this weekend but another coming up is an option. Where exactly in the Nashville area do you need the dogs moved?

Sincerely, Ryan

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Ryan, thank you so much, the following weekend would be fine for both of the dogs.

As far as the area of Nashville, I have 2 volunteers that would be there and are located in Hendersonville and Goodlettsville and would be able to drive to any surrounding smaller airport.

Wonderful news! :D

PharmerPilot
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M01
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by PharmerPilot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Ryan,

I'm available next weekend as well if you want to split up the flight at Memphis. I've flown into Nashville several times and wouldn't mind taking these two with me as long as the weather stays good. If needed, I can fly these pups all the way out to Kingsport. Are you looking at the 29th as the best day? I rent and want to get my reservation booked early so I don't miss out.

Chris

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Thank you both!

Getting them all the way to Kingsport would be the best news I have heard in many months!

March 29th would be perfect, both dogs are getting spayed and neutered, vaccinated and their health certificates tomorrow!

My phone is 423-340-2138. I work during the day, I am a nurse, but can text anytime during the day, although I might be in a meeting.

Holli will be the volunteer getting them on the plane in Magnolia. Her phone is 870-949-0127.

Thank you! :D :plane:

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:50 pm

We are close to Kingsport, that would be perfect, otherwise a 10 drive for us that day! :D :plane:

PharmerPilot
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M01
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by PharmerPilot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Without wind it's around a 3 hour flight from Memphis, where I'm based. I'm VFR only, so weather can be a factor. As we get closer to next weekend we can determine exact times and how far we can get these two. We're long overdue for a weekend of good flying weather, and I hope it holds all the way to east TN.

Ryan, how long of a flight do you have to M01, and what would be a reasonable time for a handoff?

Chris

Ryan650

Post by Ryan650 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Hello All

The 29th works for me.

Chris, my Ercoupe has no transponder so I will have to meet you out from under bravo. Would Covington (M04) work? I have the easy job, if we meet at covington I will be in the air about one and a half hours. Since you have the long leg I will defer the time table to you, what works?

Is Holli the person giving the dogs to me for the first leg? Would she be willing to drive from Little Rock to my home airport in Searcy?

Look forward to flying with you all

Ryan

ilovecatahoulas

Post by ilovecatahoulas » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Ryan,

The dogs are actually in Magnolia Arkansas, that is about 2.5 hours southwest of Little Rock. I can ask her how far she can bring them. And mapquest the ground trip. What time would they need to be there.

I am praying for better weather next weekend~! :)

Ryan650

Post by Ryan650 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:26 am

Ms. Bryant

My mistake, I thought Little Rock was the starting point. Magonolia has a municipal airport, i can fly there for pick up and meet Chris just shy of Memphis airspace.

Chris, what about Tunica? Would that be incontinent for you as a meet point?