Omaha, NE to Reno, NV

This forum is for transport requests that were posted on the Ride Board and have been completed. Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked "DONE".

Omaha, NE to Reno, NV

Postby CockerRescue on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Hello, I'm trying to find someone interested in helping a cocker spaniel who is currently in a shelter, but I do have a volunteer to have her out, vetted if necessary and ready to fly. She is going to her forever home in Reno, NV. Please let me know if you can help. I did send PMs to a few people from the map. And bless all you pilots that are able to help us rescues everyday. You are all wonderful.
CockerRescue

Re: Omaha, NE to Reno, NV

Postby Mrbusybody on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:09 pm

I could make a leg through south Idaho and northern Nevada. A little far for the complete leg. Could meet most anywhere in Northern Utah or Southern Idaho and fly to about Wells, Nev. VFR only.

Mrbusybody
Mrbusybody

Postby rylan01 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Trish,
I responded to your personal PM...should have info on commercial transport in a day or so.....

Sarah
Northwest/Delta Pilot
rylan01

Postby trishbyrnes on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Looks like we have a pilot for the leg from NE to Denver (waiting for his reply on exact date), and we have someone who can take her from Denver to Utah/NV line... I am hoping to find someone who can get her from the UT line and bring her closer to Reno... if not we will make the drive! I have place a PM to the Reno pilot, am hoping to hear back. Anyone have other ideas?
trishbyrnes

Postby Mrbusybody on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:22 pm

Mrbusybody here,

Still available for a VFR leg from Nevada line (previous post Wendover) to Battle Mountain. Long range weather forecast is not positive for next weekend (Dec 5-7). Could make a shorter leg by car, say Salt lake City area to Elko. Also, it might reduce dead flight time, and driving time to divert the Denver flight a little north, say Pocatello for a larger plane or perhaps Malad, ID (MLD) or Downey (U58) for a smaller plane. Could drive over this route as well since driving and fly route for me is via the interstate south then west via the I-80 transition throuth SLC class B airspace.

Is there any time frame for this effort?

Mrbusybody
idwolf@msn.com
Mrbusybody

Postby trishbyrnes on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 am

Mrbusybody wrote:Mrbusybody here,

Still available for a VFR leg from Nevada line (previous post Wendover) to Battle Mountain. Long range weather forecast is not positive for next weekend (Dec 5-7). Could make a shorter leg by car, say Salt lake City area to Elko. Also, it might reduce dead flight time, and driving time to divert the Denver flight a little north, say Pocatello for a larger plane or perhaps Malad, ID (MLD) or Downey (U58) for a smaller plane. Could drive over this route as well since driving and fly route for me is via the interstate south then west via the I-80 transition throuth SLC class B airspace.

Is there any time frame for this effort?

Mrbusybody
idwolf@msn.com

Thanks for your post, we have put her on a commercial airline this morning!
trishbyrnes

Return to "DONE" Transports Complete