First and foremost, I admire what your forum and members are able to accomplish, it's nothing short of amazing! We are a somewhat new Doberman Rescue, nonprofit and 501(c)3 pending. Thus far we have assisted a few rescues, not ours, with transport, moving three Dobermans from a WV kill shelter to three different rescues, one in western PA, one in central PA and one to New Hampshire. That was complicated, however none of these dogs came to us. We currently have two rescues with us, one was dumped on a highway and the other was an owner surrender. However, we now have a situation we are in dire need of assistance with. I was referred to your organization by a pilot who also works in the music business with my husband, he thought perhaps we might find some assistance here. Friday, March 28, 2014 we were made aware of a purebred Doberman pup, 10 months old in the Graham County Animal Shelter, Safford AZ. We are located in northeastern, PA, which is clear across the country. I contacted many other rescues in the area of AZ and all reported they were at capacity or overfull, and were unable to help. With this shelter being known as a high kill shelter we knew this poor boy only had hours, so we reached out to the Animal Control Officer to see if we could be of any help. We tagged the Dobe, he is being moved to a foster home I was able to secure in Tucson, AZ on Monday, March 31, 2014, she is making a two hour, one way trip to pick him up for us and is not willing to take any funds for food or to take him to her vet and get him a rabies vaccination and is also having him evaluated by her personal trainer who own a Doberman, also for free. We do not want him neutered prior to travel, it will be done immediately upon his arrival in PA, as the shelter requires notification the procedure was completed, but it would make transporting him almost impossible to do it in AZ. We are in need of transport assistance and we already have an application for adoption for this young Dobe. We are looking at 2-3 weeks from now timeframe, it's not necessary to get him here asap, as our foster is a wonderful senior lady who can keep him for as long as month, but we need to get him here to PA in a respectful amount of time. I was unsure if this forum would be able to assist us, as I understand...we are talking quite a distance, however...I was hoping if we put in our request for assistance tomorrow, that may help, having a couple to a few weeks notice to put something together. Even if it's not feasible to get him all the way to PA, any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and we can then work to put the remainder of a transport together for the remaining distance. My question is simply this...do you think that your forum would be able to help with such a grand request?