DONE ! Ride STILL needed Min Pin from Tulsa, OK to Dallas Tx

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
janscrib

DONE ! Ride STILL needed Min Pin from Tulsa, OK to Dallas Tx

Post by janscrib » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks Everyone. Little girl got home on Saturday thanks to a lot of people and help from this wonderful group.

Very much appreciated.

Janice Scribner
IMPS, FL
Last edited by janscrib on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Ride Needed Min Pin from Miami, FL to Austin Tx

Post by skyking » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:10 am

I can fly the pup to Northern Florida or Southern Georgia or Alabama.

Jeff
305-797-6356

janscrib

Re: Ride Needed Min Pin from Pensacola/Mobile to Houston,Tx

Post by janscrib » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Thank you Jeff: Can we possibly get a transfer from Pensacola or Mobile area to Houston area? Adopter will go to Houston.

Janice Scribner

drdpride
Zip Code: 78130
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KBAZ
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by drdpride » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:12 pm

I can probably get from Houston to Austin depending on plane availability (my airplane had electrical difficulty today ... hoping it will be up and running for the PnP 5000)! Please email me at [email protected]

- Denise Pride
Denise (Pride) and Don Elliott
Cirrus SR20, N318DE
Cirrus SR22T, N718DE
New Braunfels, TX (KBAZ)
[email protected]

arizonabsd
Zip Code: 85735
Pilot?: No

Post by arizonabsd » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi Janice,

Pilot Denise wondered if I have volunteers that could help you on the ground or with pilots. I'll be glad to do that but can't really answer the question until you have your tentative route, which the pilots also need. Most pilots fly 300 nautical mile legs and many won't respond to multi-leg transport requests like this one until they know what you need, and where, even though the final decision about the route is theirs.

The PnP Pilot Location Map will show you where along a straight line between the starting airport and ending airport some of the pilots live. In your initial post, there's a red-letter link in the upper left corner below the zip codes that will open a window showing a line of travel between the start and finish. Then you can use one of several aviation websites to obtain the total distance in nautical miles, and divide the total into 300-350 nm segments, or legs; this will tell you how many pilots will be needed. At this point, the PnP map is helpful as a reference to help you align pilots' locations with the various legs you've made notes about, and contact those you want to ask about each leg you need to fill. Be sure to add this information to your post. You may want to figure out more than one prospective route to save time for yourself and the pilots in case there's a reason the one you worked out isn't feasible afterall.

In addition, you want to arrange ground support (fosters, boarding kennel, etc.) at each of the handover points in case of bad weather or other delays. multi-leg transports generally require an overnight foster or two along the way since most pilots fly during the daytime. Check with your Min Pin Rescue for volunteers at some or all of those points. If there aren't Rescue vols or PnP ground support volunteers available, please let me know and I'll see who I have available.

You can email me privately if you have questions about putting your trip together, and please let me know if you don't have all the ground volunteers that will be needed.

Regards,

Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
[email protected]
Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
[email protected]

skyking

Re: Ride Needed Min Pin from Miami, FL to Austin K6R4, Tx

Post by skyking » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Pensacola is too far as I will already be flying 400nm (one way) from the Keys to Bainbridge, GA. I may be flying to Tulsa, OK the week of Sept 12 if that would help.

Jeff

drdpride

Post by drdpride » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 pm

We just did a trip from San Antonio to Dallas to Oklahoma that Lynnette organized! If you can get him to Tulsa during PnP 5000, Jeff, then I am sure we can get him to Austin. What do you think, Lynnette? Can we find someone in Dallas to fly to Tulsa to pick him up ... I can then meet the pilot in Dallas and fly the dog on to Austin - Denise
Cirrus SR20, N318DE
Cirrus SR22T, N718DE
New Braunfels, TX (KBAZ)
[email protected]

drdpride

Post by drdpride » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Jeff ... if you can fly to Tulsa, then we should get the Japanese Chin up there and do a hand-off (trade the Min Pin for the Jap Chin) so that we have dogs on the return trip! - Denise
Cirrus SR20, N318DE
Cirrus SR22T, N718DE
New Braunfels, TX (KBAZ)
[email protected]

janscrib

Post by janscrib » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi Jeff: Let me see if I can figure out another route from Bainbridge. Thanks, Janice

skyking

Post by skyking » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:07 pm

The Tulsa trip may work out. The more pups that I can move both ways, the better. FYI - I will be staying in OK for two or three days. I will be scanning the board for more pups that need a ride along my flight path.

Jeff
305-797-6356