Labradoodle: LA to TX

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

Labradoodle: LA to TX

Post by carolynharris » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: Female Labradoodle, 48#, appros. 2 yrs
Health condition: Excellent
Heartworm status: Negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: Yes
Special needs: N/A
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Carolyn Harris, #337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Same
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Private party
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Wounded Warrior Project, Dallas area
Are you a 501c3: Receiving
Date ready for transport: ASAP
Additional info/situation:

"Dolly" is headed to a service-dog trainer in Rockwall, TX, who will train her for certain functions to assist a Wounded Warrior in the Dallas area. She has had some training already in assisting a young girl with certain tasks here in Lafayette, LA. Dolly is traveling with her own crate, which she also sleeps in at night.

Unless weather or scheduling issues preclude this trip, it is set for Saturday, April 12, with Hector Alvidres of Frisco, TX, and Tana Hebert of Baton Rouge, LA
Attachments
Dollie in the snow 1_28_14.jpg
Last edited by carolynharris on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

schurd

Re: Labradoodle: LA to TX

Post by schurd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi there, I had a different transport fall through for tomorrow and I'm now available. I would only be able to make it as far as Conroe, Texas KCXO (Lone Star Executive) Which is about the half way point. I could then take her from Conroe on up to Rockwall. If there is someone who can work this other leg out tomorrow please let me know ASAP. Hope we can make it work.

Best,
-DS

BenNJen
Zip Code: 83646
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KEUL
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by BenNJen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:23 pm

I could get her to KCXO tomorrow. Carolyn - is this too short notice?
Bonanza 36

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:26 pm

I don't know. I certainly thank you for both your offers. Will email the service-dog trainer and see if she can pick her up tomorrow at Rockwall airport.
Only other problem is if they haven't gotten her health certificate yet. I'll let you know via this board.

Carolyn
337/837-5930

schurd

Post by schurd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Sounds good, I'll stay posted. Thanks.

BenNJen
Zip Code: 83646
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KEUL
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by BenNJen » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Standing by... I could also do it Sun or Monday if that helps. DS- are you avail either of those days?
Bonanza 36

schurd

Post by schurd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Unfortunately tomorrow is my only day, I'll be flying a work trip starting Sunday through Wednesday. If we can make it work tomorrow, the earlier the better.

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Just spoke to owner. She would like her to go tomorrow; however, she doesn't have her health certificate and vet's office doesn't open until 8 a.m. Would be 9 or 9:30 before she could get the dog to ARA. What is the latest Dolly could get to KCXO and you still meet your deadline? Assume it is 1 hr 30 to Conroe from here, so that would put us there probably right at 11:30, I'm thinking. That is, if the Lakefront pilot is amenable to this timetable.

She also has a wire crate they want to send with her. It is 36" l x 22" w x 24" h. It folds flat if you don't or can't use in the airplane, but we need to send it if we can, as Dolly sleeps in this at night. I don't know the dimensions when it is collapsed.

If both of you want to try it, please send me an email directly to my personal email at [email protected]. Will need your plane make and colors,
N number, your cell phone #'s and your ETA's at the different airports: ARA, CXO and Rockwall (don't know that one). I also need to furnish you each other's info plus contact info for the person meeting you in Rockwall.

I will bring the owner to the airport with Dolly so she doesn't get lost trying to find it. We should be on time.

Thanks a bunch.

Carolyn H.

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:02 am

This trip was completed on Saturday, 04/05, courtesy of Ben Cook of New Orleans and David Schur of Ft. Worth. Dolly arrive at Rockwall just before 2 p.m., ready to begin her new life as a service dog to a wounded veteran. Thanks to all who helped and offered to help with this one!! Below is picture of Dolly with her former owner (l) and PnP pilot Ben Cook (r) at New Iberia airport (ARA).

Carolyn
Attachments
Dolly at airport in New Iberia with PnP pilot Ben Cook (r)_opt.jpg