FILLED!!! lDogs from Charlotte, NC to Muncie IN.

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
our3labs

FILLED!!! lDogs from Charlotte, NC to Muncie IN.

Post by our3labs » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:54 pm

FILLED!!!!!Thanks! I need to get a couple labs to a rescue in Muncie, In. Anytime they can be transported will be great! If I can get 2 pilots willing to fly one leg each, that would be great.
Last edited by our3labs on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

jmillerk

Re: Dogs from Charlotte, NC to Muncie IN.

Post by jmillerk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:19 pm

I can provide transport from Lancaster, SC (SE of CLT) to the Lexington, KY area Saturday or Sunday morning or can fly the pups to Asheville or somewhere around there Friday evening if this helps. The aircraft is a Piper Warrior, so I am not sure about space and the size of the dogs. 1 could go in a crate in the baggage compartment and 1 or possible 2 in crates on the back seats. It they are good in cars potentially one could fly on the back seat uncrated, but tethered. If John can do the second leg to Muncie, this might work.

Justin Miller

Quoting Phil:
"If someone from Charlotte could drive Northwest a couple of hours and meet us, say around Asheville, NC. that would shave 4 hours off the time we would be back in Lexington and would allow the flying leg to Muncie to be completed before dark. I don't know if that's an issue in this case but in some it is. If we need to come all the way to Charlotte and then back and night flying is an issue, we can board the pups at our house overnight and meet the plane on Saturday morning."

Quoting John:
"We just did this exact run on Friday. We met Tim Morland with 2 Labs (Happy & Luke). We are happy to do it again. It would be great to try to coordinate with another rescue request coming out of that part of the country depending on the size of the dogs we could probably take at least 1 more."