Transport from GSO, NC to Burlington, VT

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Findinggreathomes

Transport from GSO, NC to Burlington, VT

Post by Findinggreathomes » Sun May 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Steffypnp.jpg
Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age: Stephy, Female Parsons JRT 9 months, 11 lbs
Health condition: Excellent
Heartworm status: Negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: Yes
Special needs: N/A
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Robin Manley, Finding Great Homes Rescue, 336-414-1373 or [email protected]
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Robin Manley, Finding Great Homes Rescue, 336-414-1373 or [email protected]
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Adopter: Catherine Hagiwara 819-835-5627 cell or email [email protected]
Are you a 501c3:
Date ready for transport: 5/12/14
Additional info/situation: Stephy is ready to fly as soon as we have pilots willing to take her. We have another transport request in to fly a Male Parsons JRT named Fitz to Framingham, MA. It would be great if Stephy could catch a ride with Fetch all the way to MA and have a pilot pick up for the leg to VT. Thank you so much
Last edited by Findinggreathomes on Fri May 16, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mmattie

Re: Transport from GSO, NC to Burlington, VT

Post by mmattie » Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 am

Can transport from KESN to KOXC
Available most weekends and weeknights

Mark
203-804-1827
Based: KOXC

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Mon May 12, 2014 7:47 am

Hi Mark
So great to hear from you. I will get to work on finding a pilot to bring the dog to you and Charlie said he could help out in CT. We've been trying to get another dog, Fitz, a male Parsons JRT to Framingham, MA - would you be open to letting Fitz hitch a ride with you along with Stephy? If there is better day this week to work towards weather wise, please feel free to suggest it. Thanks again, I look forward to working with you. Robin

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by AlexKittenplan » Mon May 12, 2014 8:16 am

I'll toss my hat in the ring again. I can pick up in Worcester, MA or CT and take to Burlington, weather permitting. However it's not looking particularly good for the end of this week and weekend.

Alex
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

mmattie

Post by mmattie » Mon May 12, 2014 8:47 am

Hello Robin and Alex,

Update:
KESN to KOXC
Available: this Thursday, Friday, and weekend

Rain & clouds are not a factor for me (I'm instrument-rated). Strong winds aloft and a line of T-storms are weather conditions that keep me grounded this time of year.

Mark
203-804-1827

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Mon May 12, 2014 8:47 am

Alex - are you available weeknights like Mark? Thank you

AlexKittenplan

Post by AlexKittenplan » Mon May 12, 2014 8:58 am

Sorry weeknights are out for me.
Alex Kittenplan
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Mon May 12, 2014 9:03 am

Alex
Not a problem. I am just trying to figure out if Thursday night could work as Mark is free and it looks like the weather is on our side. I reached out to Charlie to see if he can fly Thursday and if that is the case, I can get to work on finding a pilot to do the trip from NC to MD. Please don't think i don't want your help - we've been trying to get Fitz to MA for a week now and with Stephy being added to the mix, i am hoping that we can combine transports and get both dogs to MA before the weather starts on the weekend. Would you be available to fly from MA to VT 1st thing Sat am? Please let me know how weather looks, etc. Thank you. Robin

AlexKittenplan

Post by AlexKittenplan » Mon May 12, 2014 9:12 am

Unfortunately, my wife works some weeknights so I care for the children. Saturday is possible depending on the weather. I've been following the thread and I realize how much effort you've put into putting this together. Love to help if I can, not a problem if someone else is available and can fly under not so great weather. As long as the dogs get rescued.
Findinggreathomes wrote:Alex
Not a problem. I am just trying to figure out if Thursday night could work as Mark is free and it looks like the weather is on our side. I reached out to Charlie to see if he can fly Thursday and if that is the case, I can get to work on finding a pilot to do the trip from NC to MD. Please don't think i don't want your help - we've been trying to get Fitz to MA for a week now and with Stephy being added to the mix, i am hoping that we can combine transports and get both dogs to MA before the weather starts on the weekend. Would you be available to fly from MA to VT 1st thing Sat am? Please let me know how weather looks, etc. Thank you. Robin
Alex Kittenplan
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Mon May 12, 2014 9:15 am

Thank you so much Alex.