CANCELLED - Birmingham, AL to Medford, NJ

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
sosbeagles
Zip Code: 08004
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

CANCELLED - Birmingham, AL to Medford, NJ

Post by sosbeagles » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:49 pm

THANKS FOR PILOT OFFERS BUT BEAGLES WERE ADOPTED LOCALLY OVER THE WEEKEND!
Hi - I am looking for help transporting two rescued beagles from the Birmingham, AL area to SOS Beagle Rescue in Atco, NJ. The beagles weigh about 25 pounds, and are very affectionate and friendly. The closest airport is Flying W in Medford, NJ. Thank you! Jennifer
Last edited by sosbeagles on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stubby

Re: need transport help - Birmingham, AL to Medford, NJ

Post by Stubby » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:37 pm

I am flying to Richmond (KRIC) from Birmingham (BHM) on Monday 21 September. This would get them very close, and closer to many more pilots that could complete the trip.

sosbeagles

Post by sosbeagles » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks! I'm new to the board -- do I post this as partially filled and post a new request from Richmond to Medford for that date? I have arranged a foster in the Richmond area if we can't continue them that day.

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi,

I'd edit the subject line to say *update* and that way the pilots will know something has happened. I'd delete the "need transport help" because all animals posted here need rescue help, and that would give you room for the "UPDATE" part. Also, you can see where the 1st pilot is landing, look for a/some pilots in the area of there and e-mail them about helping with the last leg. If it's more then a couple of hours driving time, it would be too short for a pilot to do all that's needed done to make a flight, so ground transport would be the best under those circumstances.

Good luck!

savastra

Post by savastra » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi all,
I have a mid term pregnant Boxer that also needs to get to the NE and she is in the Birmingham area in foster. Her rescue is located in CT. Would you have room for her along with the two Beagles?

Hi Jennifer and Mutts Mom!! Becky at [email protected]

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Becky,

We seem to meet up in all kinds of ways.... lol I'd e-mail the pilot incase he's unable to check the board very often so if he has room, he reserves it for your mom to be.

Good luck
Nancy

Drewlip
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes

Re: UPDATE - Birmingham, AL to Medford, NJ

Post by Drewlip » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:55 pm

If you still need a ride for the Beagles from Richmond to Flying W, I may be able to help. However, I can only make the trip on Saturday the 26th.

Let me know.

Drew
[email protected]

sosbeagles

Post by sosbeagles » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks, Drew -- I'm checking with Al to see if any got adopted over the weekend, and also with my ground person in Richmond to see if she can hold them that long and then get them back to the airport . Should have answers by tomorrow evening.

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 am

I also may be available to help with the RIC to N14 leg. It has to be a weekend, though.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.