DONE 1 boxer, 1 SR Shep from Little Rock or Knoxville to NH

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Annie's Place

DONE 1 boxer, 1 SR Shep from Little Rock or Knoxville to NH

Post by Annie's Place » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:33 pm

1 Boxer pup (25 pounds), 1 Sr Shepherd ( 90 pounds)to forever homes in NH. Pulled from kill shelter in Little Rock. UTD on shots and Health Certificate. Will be ready to go after Dec 3. Sending rescue is willing to drive to Knoxville for pick up.

Sending rescue is a 501c.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Annie's Place on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

daveg

Re: 2 boxers, 1 SR Shepherd from Little Rock or Knoxville to NH

Post by daveg » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:02 pm

If the weather holds, I can pick up 1 or 2 of the dogs and fly them to NH. Where in NH will they be going? I can pick them up from somewhere south of NH, like CT or NY.
Dave

ccameron

Re: 1 boxer, 1 SR Shepherd from Little Rock or Knoxville to NH

Post by ccameron » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi there,

I can pick up in Little Rock and ferry eastward. Perhaps to Nashville? Let me know if I can help.

Craig
901-219-8830

Tater's Ark

Post by Tater's Ark » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi,

I am the sending rescue for the senior German Shepherd. I thought it might help you to know something about him. Major is an old fellow, heartworm positive, who I rescued from euthanasia at a high kill animal control facility a few weeks ago. He had severe mange and other issues which have been treated. He has had a very hard life with little comfort. He is going to a very kind lady in New Hampshire who can give him a comfortable retirement. If we can get him to her, he will live out his days with a warm bed, a full tummy, soem affection and the medical care he needs. A 20 hour road trip would be very difficult for Major due to his age and heartworm status. Major is big, but very well behaved. He should be a very good travel companion. Your help would make a world of differnece for this sweet old guy.

He will be travelling with a boxer frm another rescue, so you are really helping two!

We are a 501(c)3 and would be glad to provide you with documentation for a tax deduction!

Tater's Ark

Post by Tater's Ark » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:43 pm

I could drive the dogs to Memphis if ccameron could fly from there to Knoxville. Possible??

ccameron

Post by ccameron » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:58 am

Hi,

I have another rescue requesting help with a pup in Cookeville, TN. Is it possible for the Knoxville pilot to meet me in Cookeville to continue the trip?

Thanks,
Craig
901-219-8830

Annie's Place

Post by Annie's Place » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:00 pm

Haven't heard back from the Knoxville pilot. Will let you know as soon as I do. Probably after Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for your help.

Annie's Place

ccameron

Post by ccameron » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi,

The weather is not going to cooperate for the flight tomorrow. The only other option is to try for Sunday or Monday. Please call me and we can discuss.

Thanks,

Craig
901-219-8830

Tater's Ark

Post by Tater's Ark » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:40 am

Can we try for next weekend (Fri, Sat or Sun) shooting for this route:
Little Rock or Memphis to Clarksville (Craig)
Clarksville to an Ohio location (Steve)
Ohio to Pittsburgh (open)
Pittsburgh to NY or NJ (open)
NY or NJ to NH (Dave)

I will try to make some contacts for OH to PA to NY. Thanks to all of you for your help teaching me how this works!

Linda
501-256-2841

daveg

Post by daveg » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Linda, where in NH are the dogs going? I keep my plane in Rochester.