2 Toy Poodles need transport from Dallas, TX to Albany, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
CDHAadopt

2 Toy Poodles need transport from Dallas, TX to Albany, NY

Post by CDHAadopt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:33 pm

The shelters in Texas are full of owner - surrenders, but the breed rescues have no room because they've taken in so many from the mill busts. Meanwhile, up north we keep turning away potential adopters, with several applications for each small breed dog. The ground transport we work with feels this is too far a distance to go by car, but recommended this group! We can work with intermediate stops, or even an intermediate foster. The time frame is open, but the sooner this can happen, the more room there'll be for others on the "list" in those shelters! This will be the first transport from the Poodle Rescue of North Texas to the Capital District Humane Association. Thanks to all who can help in any way.

watson14
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 Toy Poodles need transport from Dallas, TX to Albany, NY

Post by watson14 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 pm

I am based at Addison airport (KADS). I can take them about 2-300 miles east or northeast such as Tulsa or Little Rock.

John Watson

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:12 pm

I am based in the Memphis area. Can pickup in Little Rock and go east to Nashville area. Weekend only, IFR is OK.

Neil

CDHAadopt

Post by CDHAadopt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 am

This is great! Either a few more legs, or if we can get a bit further north, say Indiana or Ohio, and can find a week long foster, I can set up a ground transport the rest of the way!

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:46 am

could do NJ to destination

email me at [email protected]

CDHAadopt

Post by CDHAadopt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:00 pm

We are really close! I've read everyone's responses correctly we have legs 1-4 and 6 filled! All we need now is someone who can pick up at the destination within 300 miles of Nashville and go to NJ! Anyone out there in that general area available?
Thank you!

coastwatcher

Post by coastwatcher » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:35 am

help help, is there anyway, I could get a dalmatian added to this potential flight. He is in Port Lavaca, TX and anywhere half way near NY/NJ/Pa would be a huge help.

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:38 am

OK WITH MY LEG THE MORE THE MERRIER

watson14

Post by watson14 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Dallas to Little Rock is OK for Dalmation {will need everybody crated - I only have one extra large plastic}

John Watson

coastwatcher

Post by coastwatcher » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 pm

the dalmatian is out of the loop now do to a connection issue. He has managed to hitch a ride to austin then another on a commercial flight to mass, then from mass to maine, so I managed to just luck out. thanks to all of those who tried to help me and this little guy out. without this board and the other resources it led me too, I doubt he would have made it to safe harbor.

thanks so much

johanna stadler