Pilot's Rescue Flight Form/501c3

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Pilot's Rescue Flight Form/501c3

Postby admin on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:30 am

Hello All and Happy New Year a few hours early :D

As most of you know, we have submitted our 501c3 application asking to be given a charitable tax status. It takes the government some time to review and reply but meanwhile, we have created a form for pilots to use if you would like.

When we do receive approval, the flights you have completed will be retro-active to the date we first incorporated which was November 4, 2008. Hence, all flights you have helped with from that date forward will be eligible for possible deduction. Each pilot is responsible for keeping their own records, obtaining the necessary signatures and conferring with your tax expert for your personal situation.

If you are working with a rescue group who already has their 501c3 status, please feel free to use this form in conjunction with the rescues personal letterhead statement. Check with your accountant to see what statement they would advise you to ask for from the rescue group. It is likely you will need their signature, tax exemption number, and a statement that you transported an animal for them on a certain date. Be sure and ask them to list the departure and arrival locations.

I will upload this form to our website. If you need it emailed to you privately as an attachment please let me know. We are doing our best to give back to you, the extremely generous pilots, and we feel certain that this will assist you with the heartfelt gift you are giving to all of us who work in rescue every day. Thank you for being here for the animals in need!!
Debi

Debi Boies/CastleRidge Morgan Farm
Landrum, S.C.
http://www.pilotsnpaws.org
http://www.dobermanassistance.org
http://www.castleridgefarm.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pilot's Rescue Flight Form/501c3

Postby GaryS on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Debi,
Have you posted this form? I was unable to find it on the site. Am doing my first PnP flight this weekend, and
would like to see what details I need for tax records. Thanks.
Gary S
Gary S.
C172 Tipton/Ft. Meade, MD (KFME)
Daylight VFR Only
GaryS

Re: Pilot's Rescue Flight Form/501c3

Postby GaryS on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Debi,

I was able to download the form...finally.

Thanks
Gary S
Gary S.
C172 Tipton/Ft. Meade, MD (KFME)
Daylight VFR Only
GaryS

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services