Ohio to Seattle - Commercial Flights?

A place for rescues to chat about rescue work, animals, transports etc.
greyhoundcouch

Ohio to Seattle - Commercial Flights?

Post by greyhoundcouch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Has anyone flown a rescue commercially lately? We have an urgent need to fly a greyhound from a kill shetler in Ohio to Seattle? Wondererd what the prices are? Some of the airline carriers used to give rescue discounts? THe greyhound is on the very short list.

Suzanne

GreysLanding

Re: Ohio to Seattle - Commercial Flights?

Post by GreysLanding » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:25 am

Hi, Suzanne...

I have never done this but if you can arange everything and need a Greyhound size airline crate, let me know. One of the trainers we work with in Wheeling has one that he'd probably be willing to let us have.

~Lisa~

arizonabsd
Zip Code: 85735
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by arizonabsd » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:32 pm

greyhoundcouch wrote:Has anyone flown a rescue commercially lately? We have an urgent need to fly a greyhound from a kill shetler in Ohio to Seattle? Wondererd what the prices are? Some of the airline carriers used to give rescue discounts? THe greyhound is on the very short list.

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne,

My rescue uses Continental whenever possible. I like this airline because they can handle 700 crates in more planes than anyone else. But the really special feature is that whoever you speak with when you make your reservation will stay with you throughout the coming flight and even call the receiver when the plane begins its final descent and again when it lands. This is helpful to new adopters waiting for their dogs and keeps them calmer too. Continental has employed pet-friendly people who monitor animals from arrival through crating and climate-controlled transport to and from the planes, where animals are last in/first out.

For a greyhound I'm guessing that any airline would cost around $250-300. Prices went up in the form of a supplemental fee when gas prices soared a few months ago, and haven't come back down since. You can also check with that new Pet Airline, which has offered special internet-only prices to help get the word out about their service. Sorry I don't have their website to give you but it will come up near the top of a google search.

Good luck,

Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
[email protected]
Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
[email protected]

greyhoundcouch

Post by greyhoundcouch » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Thank you for the advice about Continental. $200 or $300 is better than $525 which is what I was quoted by Delta.
This particular dog was pulled just in time by another rescue group in Ohio. Actually they pulled a male and a female. But there is one more who needs a home.
Suzanne
Joey's Greyhound Friends of Ohio
www.greyhoundfriendsohio.org

aospca

Post by aospca » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:18 pm

We flew a pooch from Cincinatti, OH to Seattle, non-stop on Delta Airlines just last week. It was an afternoon flight. We had a pnp pilot fly Julie to Cincinatti. I'm not sure of the cost, as the adopting family arranged it, but you could check with Delta Airlines. Where in Ohio are you? They wanted 4 puppy pads in the crate, her papers taped to the top of it.

Robin McClelland
Appalachian Ohio SPCA

operky

The Doctor Knows Better (joke)

Post by operky » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:03 am

[font=Arial]A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill."
"I am afraid that he is dead." said the doctor,
Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: " I'm not dead. I'm still alive."
"Be quiet, " said the wife. "The doctor knows better than you!"
[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]No [/font][font=Arial]money[/font][font=Arial] no way in real life,no [/font][font=Arial]gold[/font][font=Arial] no way in game![/font]