tripod rescue husky from Billings, MT to Lake Tahoe area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jana

tripod rescue husky from Billings, MT to Lake Tahoe area

Post by jana » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:13 am

Puff is a 2 y/o neutered male husky mix who was part of a huge neglect and hoarding case ( "Camp Husky") last year. Puff lost a leg in the melee and so has not been adopted-he has been in a kennel for over a year. He is very sweet and large-27-28" at the shoulder and at least 85 lbs. He is coming to live with us and our 3 other dogs in Lake Tahoe, but we are having a hard time finding air transport because both Reno and Billings are secondary airports. Any help along this route would be greatly appreciated!

bigskybonanza

Re: tripod rescue husky from Billings, MT to Lake Tahoe area

Post by bigskybonanza » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:48 am

Hello

I am a pilot in Helena and I would love to help get your tripod on his way. I can fly him from Billings to Idaho, If you can get someone to help from there. Let me know if that will work.
Randy.

markills

Post by markills » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:23 am

I'm possibly looking to put a very long flight together from Santa Rosa CA to Salt Lake City, stay overnight. Then pick up two pups traveling in carriers, fly to Boise to pick up a dog, then back to Northern Calif. I could fit another dog in at Boise. I'm in an Archer so it might be best if I pull my rear seats and put the dogs in carriers, but if the adult dogs get along I could probably have an adult dog in the rear seat with a pup in a carrier and another adult dog in the back baggage area with the other pup in a carrier. Yours is a big dog so I need to really look at how to make everyone comfortably fit. The entire flight will be spread over two days (maybe three) with about 14 hrs with ground time to refuel.

I haven't finalized this ambitious journey but the more rescues I transport in one trip the more worthwhile my effort. If you want me to add your dog from Boise let me know. If you know of any dogs leaving Northern California going towards Boise or Salt Lake City then I could fill my outbound leg also.

I'm nuts.
Mark.

bigskybonanza

Post by bigskybonanza » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Mark

Sounds like an ambitious effert. Good luck. Do you have any dates in mind for your trip? Now if we hear back from these people maybe we can get this done. I will keep watching to see what developes.
Randy.

markills

Post by markills » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:14 am

Randy,

I hadn't heard back so I clicked on the original poster's screen name, brought up their profile, and sent them a personal email. She responded last night and said they'd check the postings. Maybe we can get this champ to his new home on the lake with the clearest blue water.

Mark.

bigskybonanza

Post by bigskybonanza » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:56 am

Mark

Thanks for replying, and helping to put this together. There is no where like Tahoe!! Lucky dog!!
I'll keep an eye on the posts.
Randy

markills

Post by markills » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:17 am

Randy,
Jana has emailed me personally and was asking me where in Idaho would be best for me or if Salt Lake City would be better.
Are you the other pilot she is talking with?

I love Bonazas

Mark
N4444E

markills

Post by markills » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 am

Randy,

Just got an email from Jana. It looks like she is looking at airline for part of trip. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more.

If we don't connect on this transport then maybe another. I still want to see your plane.

Mark
N4444E
1975 Archer PA28-181

bigskybonanza

Post by bigskybonanza » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:30 am

Mark

I have not visited with Jana. I have been watching things on this site. But no personal e-mails. I can go to Billings and get the dog and meet you in Idaho. But if they use an airline that is fine to. Keep me posted!!
Randy.

bigskybonanza

Post by bigskybonanza » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Mark

I finally got in contact with the owner and she is ready to get things moving. What kind of dates are you looking at? I have a crazy schedule, but will do all I can to make it there when you need!! Let me know what you need. Hope to see you soon!!
Randy.