FILLED thank you PNP - Baldwin Park, CA - Port Orchard, WA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
GetMeTherePlease

FILLED thank you PNP - Baldwin Park, CA - Port Orchard, WA

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 pm

THANK YOU Ken C, John R, Doug H and Steve S for Helping these two Big boys and Blessing the kitty to get to Rescue and kitty to her adoptive home it was a wild one with the rain and Ken getting the Sheriffs Dept in Redding CA to watch over our Canine and Feline Posse until our Ground foster (good thing we had them in place *L*) could drive the hour and a half to get to them since we didn't know the rain was going to ground the transport, but it all worked out in the end and you all pulled it off and with a two day stop in the Chico,CA area onward our Posse went and arrived safely you all did a wonderful job and I enjoyed working with each of you

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
Animal Rescue Transport
[email protected]
512-803-2069

Hi PNP Pilots

The Sheriff is in town and he and his posse Lazarus need a quick flight out of town and was wondering if you all could help. Now he realizes he is a bit big and so is Lazarus and it may take more than just one pilot to help them, he is hoping that one or two pilots will step up.

Right now they are in a kill Shelter in Baldwin Park, CA and they have a GREAT Rescue up in Orchard Park, WA willing to take them in and keep them safe

So can any of you help even get them part of the way north??

Please contact their partner in crime (Or otherwise known as the Transport Coordinator Cheryl )

Please let me know whom you can help and what portion of the trip

Partner in Crime (Transport Coordinator)

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
Animal Rescue Transport
[email protected]
512-803-2069

Passenger 1 Info

NAME: Sheriff
BREED: Neo Mastiff
SEX: Male
AGE/WEIGHT/SIZE: 6 yrs, 110 lbs, Large
SPAY/NEUTERED: Neutered
SHOTS UTD: Yes
HW STATUS: (Test to be done this week)
RABIES VACCINE & TAG: (MUST BE ORIGINALS NO COPIES!!): Yes
HEALTH CERT (MUST HAVE FOR TRANSPORT NO EXCEPTIONS!!): Yes
DEWORMED: Yes
BORDETELLA: (Will check on)
DHLPP:Yes
Coming out of Shelter/Boarding or Foster Care: Baldwin Park Shelter, LA County, CA
Has the Dog(s) been quarantined for 14 days or more: Yes
FEL/FIV (cats) Tested:
ADVANTAGE, FRONTLINE OR PROGRAM: Yes
CRATE/ SIZE OF CRATE:
WILL A CRATE BE PROVIDED: No.
MICROCHIPPED: No.
OK WITH DOGS: Yes.
OK WITH CATS: Unknown.
OK WITH KIDS: Yes
HOUSE TRAINED: Yes
CRATE TRAINED: Unknown
TEMPERMENT TESTED: Yes
SPECIAL NEEDS: No
DOES THE DOG/CAT RIDE WELL IN A CAR: Told he does.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
OTHER ITEMS BEING SENT WITH DOG/CAT: None
WATER DISH:
ITEMS NEEDED: Collar and Leash
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: Time out in shelter; being rescued by Collar of Hope.

Passenger 2 Info

NAME: Lazarus
BREED: Rottweiler
SEX: Male
AGE/WEIGHT/SIZE: 3 yrs, 70 lbs, Large
SPAY/NEUTERED: Neutered
SHOTS UTD: Yes
HW STATUS: (Test to be done this week)
RABIES VACCINE & TAG: (MUST BE ORIGINALS NO COPIES!!): Yes
HEALTH CERT (MUST HAVE FOR TRANSPORT NO EXCEPTIONS!!): Yes
DEWORMED: Yes
BORDETELLA: (Will check on)
DHLPP:Yes
Coming out of Shelter/Boarding or Foster Care: Baldwin Park Shelter, LA County, CA
Has the Dog(s) been quarantined for 14 days or more: Yes
FEL/FIV (cats) Tested:
ADVANTAGE, FRONTLINE OR PROGRAM: Yes
CRATE/ SIZE OF CRATE:
WILL A CRATE BE PROVIDED: No.
MICROCHIPPED: No.
OK WITH DOGS: Yes.
OK WITH CATS: Unknown.
OK WITH KIDS: Yes
HOUSE TRAINED: Ye
CRATE TRAINED: Unknown
TEMPERMENT TESTED: Yes
SPECIAL NEEDS: No
DOES THE DOG/CAT RIDE WELL IN A CAR: Told he does.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
OTHER ITEMS BEING SENT WITH DOG/CAT: None
WATER DISH:
ITEMS NEEDED: Collar and Leash
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: Time out in shelter; being rescued by Collar of Hope.
Last edited by GetMeTherePlease on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markills

Re: Baldwin Park, CA - Port Orchard, WA 2 Big Dogs

Post by markills » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:06 am

Hi Cheryl, it's Mark.

I could do a N. California to S. Oregon leg. You might want to get in touch with Doug Hickman in Eugene to do a N. Oregon leg. Maybe if Bill in San Carlos has his plane fixed he could do something heading south from San Francisco. I don't know any of the S. Calif. pilots yet.

Mark
N4444E

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:54 am

markills wrote:Hi Cheryl, it's Mark.

I could do a N. California to S. Oregon leg. You might want to get in touch with Doug Hickman in Eugene to do a N. Oregon leg. Maybe if Bill in San Carlos has his plane fixed he could do something heading south from San Francisco. I don't know any of the S. Calif. pilots yet.

Mark
N4444E

Hey Mark
Thank you!! would you be able to carry both boys or one at a time??? Tell me Where in N. CA you can pick up and where in S. OR you can drop off and I'll start sending emails to pilots off the Pilots volunteering board............do you have any specific day/date?

Again thanks

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
Animal Rescue Transport

markills

Post by markills » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:50 am

I'm in Santa Rosa. Easiest pick ups are anywhere from Napa to Sacramento then I could fly as far north as possibly Eugene or Redmond. If you want me to pick up someplace further south like San Jose or Modesto then it stretches my range to make it to Eugene.

I'd take them both. If they travel well together I would just take out the rear seat, put down a blanket, and tie their leashes to seat belt anchor points. If they should be seperated, then the 110 lb in rear seats with leash tied to seat belt, 70 lb in rear baggage with leash tied to tie down point.

This week I'm working on a flight from Salt Lake City to Tahoe / San Fran area. But I have flexible schedule. Tell me when the first leg pilot would need to fly and how far north.

Mark
N4444E

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:59 am

markills wrote:I'm in Santa Rosa. Easiest pick ups are anywhere from Napa to Sacramento then I could fly as far north as possibly Eugene or Redmond. If you want me to pick up someplace further south like San Jose or Modesto then it stretches my range to make it to Eugene.

I'd take them both. If they travel well together I would just take out the rear seat, put down a blanket, and tie their leashes to seat belt anchor points. If they should be seperated, then the 110 lb in rear seats with leash tied to seat belt, 70 lb in rear baggage with leash tied to tie down point.

This week I'm working on a flight from Salt Lake City to Tahoe / San Fran area. But I have flexible schedule. Tell me when the first leg pilot would need to fly and how far north.

Mark
N4444E

Cool thanks Mark
I'll work on finding pilot for the first part and second part if needed or get ground transport worked in around this. I appreciate this

Cheryl
Roads of Hope

Douglas

Post by Douglas » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:41 pm

This is Doug Hickman (out of Creswell). I can fly them from Medford or Roseburg to Salem most any time weather permitting. I am a little nervus about overnighting them with my cats, but have no problem passing them off to Steve Larson in Salem.

Doug

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Douglas wrote:This is Doug Hickman (out of Creswell). I can fly them from Medford or Roseburg to Salem most any time weather permitting. I am a little nervus about overnighting them with my cats, but have no problem passing them off to Steve Larson in Salem.

Doug
Thank you Doug
I talked to a pilot on the phone earlier today and he can bring them up to Meet Mark...........Mark stated he can get them to Eugene so I am sure passing them off to you in Medford would be no Problem, If Steve can get them form you and get them closer to Port Orchard WA this would be great.......right now the pilot bringing them up from Baldwin Park CA is available Sept 28 (NEXT Monday) If weather permits how is your schedule for this date? and do you have Steve Larsons Email I had it at one time, but I for some reason did not keep it in my databse any chance you can contact him or send me a way to contact him?

Cheryl
Roads of Hope

Douglas

Post by Douglas » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Steves email address is: [email protected]
He is located in Independance, OR
Phone # 503-949-1665

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 pm

Douglas wrote:Steves email address is: [email protected]
He is located in Independance, OR
Phone # 503-949-1665
Thank you
I will send an email with all involved as soon as I hear back from the Pilot starting this run. He will find out thursday/friday if his plane will be able to fly it goes in for inspection tomorrow if all goes well he'll be available on Monday Sept 28 so I'll need to find out everyone's availability so we can get this organized and move these two boys forward

Cheryl
Roads of HOpe

markills

Post by markills » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 am

Right now Sunday 27th or Monday 28th are not good for me. I'm planning a HUGE airlift from Sacramento to Twin Falls Idaho to Salt Lake City to Lake Tahoe to Santa Rosa CA. I will be picking up and dropping different dogs on different legs for a total of 7 dogs from 5 different resuce groups with a cessna 182 pilot from Los Angeles and a Bonanza 35 pilot from Montana bringing some of the dogs in to my destinations to join the group. I'm not sure how to calculate the number of legs this transport is. The coordination effort has been MASSIVE! Flying time will be over ten hours with overall trip time being about 14 hours. The really crazy part --- I'm going to take off at dawn and try to do this all in a single day. Just me, my Archer, and a lot of fur.

Watch the listings for update.

Mark
N4444E