FILLED SF CA to S. Ore. 2dn leg plane bad mag NEED FILL-IN

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
alfybill
Zip Code: 34231
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KSrq
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

FILLED SF CA to S. Ore. 2dn leg plane bad mag NEED FILL-IN

Post by alfybill » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:52 pm

I was to be 2nd leg pilot. Bad mag after takeoff. Need some one to get well behaved terrier from SF Bay area to Medford, OR area to meet 3rd leg in next day or two. Next pilot has flexible timing. I have terrier, will keep until flight arranged or my plane repaired, but I leave for Europe next week so nervous. I can bring to any Bat Area airport. Bill 650-400-6922
Last edited by alfybill on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Archibald
Bellanca Cruiseair 74414 (VFR only)
San Carlos, CA KSQL
C 650-400-6922

markills

Re: San Fran CA to S. Oregon 2dn leg plane bad mag NEED FILL-IN

Post by markills » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:16 pm

I could possible do this trip. I'm at Santa Rosa with an Archer. Where are you? An easy airport between us would be Gnoss. I still need to move my schedule around to make this work and of course the weather has to cooperate since I'm VFR.

Mark.

alfybill
Zip Code: 34231
Airport identifier: KSrq

Post by alfybill » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:29 pm

I am based at San Carlos. I can drive the dog anywhere but the north bay is an hour to hour and a half away. Any interest in coming to San Carlos or Half Moon Bay? San Carlos is towered, HMB is uncontrolled. Class B transition is easy and one of the most beautiful flights around. You fly right over San Francisco, and often right over SFO as well. The view is stunning. HMB can be reached along the Pacific coast without entering class B if you like. Hayward is also close, just rather industrial.

Weather is expected to be poor at Eugene where the 3rd leg pilot lives tomorrow (Wed), but all areas looked good Thursday when I looked this morning. Another thought is for me to borrow my son's 2-seater and meet you at Gnoss or Napa county. It is small, similar to a Piper Cub, but the dog and I can handle a 30 minute flight in close quarters. It would require 2 gas stops or I would use it for the whole trip.
Bill Archibald
Bellanca Cruiseair 74414 (VFR only)
San Carlos, CA KSQL
C 650-400-6922

markills

Post by markills » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:53 am

This sounds like it might work. Never been to San Carlos but my brother did it last week and said the class B transition was a breeze. I'll give him a call and get the low down if I should fly into San Carlos or Half Moon Bay.

There is another dog out of SF area going to Eugene that I also offered a ride to. Maybe I could take yours and theirs together. Really depends if the dogs get along or I could a barrier between the back seat and luggage area. Now I just need a Great Dane in the copilot seat and my Archer will be full. I should hear back about that dog today (Wed) about their travel needs.

I need to check the weather and see if it's VFR.

You can also email me.
[email protected]

markills

Post by markills » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:00 am

Actually I just re-read the post about the other dog and it mentioned the pilot had to cancel because of engine problem... I think they are talking about YOU! Funny ---- I think I am following two posts to get to one dog. Ha!

Is your dog being arranged by Patti from NBRAN, aka plavine, aka [email protected]?

Mark.

PS: this is the first time I've done anything like this. I just stumbled onto the Pilots 'N Paws link on AOPA for the first time two days ago.

markills

Re: FILLED SF CA to S. Ore. 2dn leg plane bad mag NEED FILL-IN

Post by markills » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:06 am

DONE. Picked up "Tristen" from San Carlos with plan to fly her to Oregon from my home in Santa Rosa. Plans changed. My 5 yr old fell in love. Tristen is now a part of our family. She's sleeping in my son's room right now.

Mark
N4444E

admin
Site Admin

Re: FILLED SF CA to S. Ore. 2dn leg plane bad mag NEED FILL-IN

Post by admin » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:14 pm

This story is simply the best!! I know that Tristen is just in love with this pooch, the pictures certainly show the bond these two share. How about posting some photos under the Success Story page Mike?

Debi