DONE-Albany, OH 45710 to Coatesville, PA 19320 - 1 dog

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
aplaceforall
Zip Code: 19320
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE-Albany, OH 45710 to Coatesville, PA 19320 - 1 dog

Post by aplaceforall » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 am

Transport for Griffin, a 7-8 month old, 30lb, male, Labrador Retriever/Hound mix. Need to move from a high kill shelter and fly to PA rescue. He is neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations.

Shelter in OH can meet at Ohio University Airport (KNUI), in Albany, OH. Or any airport in the area.

In PA, rescue can meet at G.O. Carlson Airport (KMQS), in Coatesville, PA. Or any airport in the area.

Can move Griffin in two-three flights if necessary to remain under 300 miles for each pilot. Just need to know if a pilot can pick up in Albany, OH and let me know what airport he/she will fly to in order to help bring Griffin towards PA.
Last edited by aplaceforall on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sharon
A Place For All Animal Rescue
[email protected]

Tripletdadbob
Zip Code: 15143
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes

Re: Albany, OH 45710 to Coatesville, PA 19320 - 1 dog

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm based in Beaver County, Pa (KBVI), a suburb of Pittsburgh. I can probably do the first leg, by flying down to KUNI and bringing the pup back to Pittsburgh or even some place just east of Pittsburgh, if we can find someone to take the second leg from there.

I can do it this weekend (September 26 or 27) or next weekend (October 3 or 4). Just let me know.

Bob
412-716-9642

christinaeckhart

Post by christinaeckhart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi,

This is very close to the 3rd and 4th leg of a trip I am attempting to set up. Would there be room for 1-2 crated puppymill dachshunds with you from Albany, OH to Pittsburgh, PA? If someone signs up for the last leg to Coatesville, PA I can also pick them up there. I still need to fill 2 legs prior to this.

Here is my post: http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4040

aplaceforall
Zip Code: 19320
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No

Post by aplaceforall » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Bob - How about we try for next weekend (Oct 3 or 4) to give me time to hopefully get another pilot from Pittsburgh area to Coatesville. I might need to put a corgi pup in as well if you have room.

Christina - that is up to the pilot Bob if he has room to move your two dogs on his plane.
Sharon
A Place For All Animal Rescue
[email protected]

christinaeckhart

Post by christinaeckhart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Wonderful and I will let you know if I find a pilot for the last leg of the trip as I am looking to fly into the Coatesville, Perkasie, Allentown or Doylestown areas so maybe you can join along.

Tripletdadbob

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm new to the service, so please forgive any breaches of protocol I might make.

I own a Piper Archer, which is a four-seat single engine airplane (pilot plus three passengers). There is a small baggage area behind the rear seat, which is open to and part of the interior cabin itself, and shares the same air as the pilot (i.e., it's not a dark, enclosed area; it's completely safe for a pup). I am an instrument-rated pilot, so I can fly in clouds and rain, although no thunderstorms, ice or snow!

I don't have a crate of my own and probably should have asked -- will the lab be crated?

The weight is certainly not a problem, but the rigidity and dimensions of the crates are the issue. That said, I think that if the lab has a medium sized crate and the daschunds each have smaller crates, I can take all three. I'm thinking that the lab's crate would go across the back seats, one daschund crate could go in the very back, and the second daschund crate could go on the co-pilot's seat next to me. This may be an odd question, but if you can provide me with the exact dimensions of the crates, I can tell you for certain. I am pretty sure, however, that I cannot fit four crates.

I certainly don't want to leave anyone behind, but if I can't fit everyone, do we go by "first in time?" I think I volunteered to take the lab first.

Next Sunday, October 4 works for me, especially if it gives everyone time to find someone to fly the subsequent legs. Morning would be my preference, which probably works best anyway, if the pups have more legs to fly...

Just let me know!

lukehayden

Post by lukehayden » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:58 pm

I tried posting earlier today but I must have had a server problem. I fly out of N40, Pittsdown NJ and could pick the lab up at some place like Rostaver, FWQ (southeast of Pittsburg) tomorrow late morning or sunday. Let me know if that works. I can be reached at 973.476.3800. I do not have a crate for that size dog that I can get into my plane but I can secure dog to the backseat via a leash. If this works, please send me the contact info for the first leg pilot and the receiver at Coatesville so we can coordinate.
Luke

Tripletdadbob

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

I can make this Sunday morning, and can get the lab from Albany to Luke at Rostraver Airport in PA. In the absence of a crate, I'm also ok with using a leash and seatbelt on the back seats.

But I don't have the money or time to fly rescue missions this weekend and next. I don't know how big Luke's plane is, but is there any way we can get the daschunds, too? Even if it means doing it next weekend?

christinaeckhart

Post by christinaeckhart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:04 pm

It's ok Bob, go ahead and take care of the lab as that rescuer said they might also add a corgi. I will keep trying to fill these legs for the dachshies and if anyone can help I am sure they will. I understand how expensive fuel costs are and really appreciate all you pilots are doing!

Tripletdadbob

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks, Christina.

Luke - it looks like we can do this on Sunday. All we need is some pickup info for me at Ohio University, and pickup info for you at Coatesville.