URGENT! GROUND transport frm Charlotte-Mecklenburg,NC to VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ppeterson123

URGENT! GROUND transport frm Charlotte-Mecklenburg,NC to VA

Post by ppeterson123 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi - my name is Peggi Peterson and my friend who lives in Charlotte NC & has done rescue for the past 18 years just helped me adopt a dog that was to be euthanized two weeks ago. He currently is in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg NC area but will need to be delivered to me here in Hopatcong, NJ. We were looking to do air transport but my friend would like to do ground transport and has someone in Wytheville VA that is leaving this Friday, Oct. 2nd. at 7:00pm to drive to NJ for Sat. drop off! My friend cannot make that drive as she has a young child and 2 hrs there and back would be too much for them. Please if you or anyone you know may be able to do the drive to VA or meet my friend 1/2 way and then drive to VA, please let me know as soon as possible at the below contact information. My family is so anctious and we look forward to welcoming him with loving open arms!

Peggi Peterson, NJ - cell: 201-390-0327
[email protected]
[email protected]
Last edited by ppeterson123 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport From Charlotte-Mecklenburg, NC to Hopatcong, NJ

Post by CleoBen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 am

I may be able to help with part of this transport. I am based at Potomac Airfield (KVKX) in Washington DC, and could fill a link from southern VA to here or here to NJ. I prefer to keep my legs 200 nm or less each way.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

ppeterson123

Post by ppeterson123 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:01 am

hello - wow, that is great, thank you. I will let you know if I find anyone that can fly to Potomac Airfield In Washington DC. I am new to this so not sure what else I can do. Thank you again and when would you need the specifics to get this started? What would be the latest?

k9crazy

Post by k9crazy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:43 am

Save the Strays Animal Rescue in Bethune, SC, is also looking to get a dog (45 lb. lab) to north Jersey (Teterboro would be great). If there is anyway we could transport both dogs together, it would save time/gas for the pilots. We would be happy to drive our dog to Charlotte, if that helps.

To see our original request for transport, view "One lab from Camden, SC to Ridgewood, NJ." If a dual-transport is a possibility, you can contact Sandra by email at [email protected]. Thanks!

ppeterson123

Post by ppeterson123 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:08 am

hi - that would be great to do both dogs, that would be fine with me. Especially if it saves time/gas for these great pilots willing to do this! mine is a 65/lb. rottie/shephard mix. i am hoping that someone in the Charlotte area will be able to leave from the Charlotte airport to the Potomoc Airfield in Washington then the other pilot can go from there to Teterboro NJ if that is convenient for him. Hopefully we will find someone.

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:41 pm

I've got some needing to get to NJ from Charlotte, NC as well. Up to 5 is what there are, but whatever there is room for, we'd be thrilled to get them on their way. 2 are border collies, neutered and fully vetted, 25 pounds. I'm waiting to get the weight on the other 3. They are going from a kill shelter to a rescue in Mt. Holly, NJ

ppeterson123

Post by ppeterson123 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:27 pm

hi - ok, well, once I finally get word on something hopefully we will be able to add your flock too! Def. would be great to do all together.

ppeterson123

Post by ppeterson123 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:51 pm

hey for those of you looking to get your dogs to NJ, if you go to the Pilots Volunteering Services section at the bottom of the board, you will find people that might be able to help you out since you might have smaller dogs. There are a ton of them in different areas. Hope this is helpful. :)

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by CleoBen » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:04 am

Just to clarify, my home base inside the DC FRZ and SFRA which limits it utility for most pilots as a transfer point. I think 2W6, Saint Mary's County Regional, would make a great handoff point. It's pretty easy to get to, and outside the SFRA. With some advance coordination I can fly daytime during the week. I'll take as many crates as can fit in the plane.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

ppeterson123

Post by ppeterson123 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:34 am

Ok, so I'm guessing that St. Mary's County Regional is a better location for a pilot to meet and do the transfer. Thank you for clearing that up. Is St. Mary's County Regional in DC as well? Sorry not familiar with that area at all. Thank you.