DONE-Albany, OH 45710 to Coatesville, PA 19320 - 1 dog

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lukehayden

Re: Albany, OH 45710 to Coatesville, PA 19320 - 1 dog

Post by lukehayden » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Great Bob. my cell is 973.476.3800 and I fly a c-182. I just learned I will be having house guests on Saturday night so I may not be able to get to Rostraver until around 2 PM. I will let you know more tomorrow. I have not been to Rostraver before; anything I should about it?

Tripletdadbob
Zip Code: 15143
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:00 pm

I've really only done touch-n-goes at Rostraver, back when I was getting high-performance and complex endorsements. It's sort of in a valley, down by the river. But really, nothing that isn't in the A/FD. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

aplaceforall
Zip Code: 19320
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No

Post by aplaceforall » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Bob, Luke and Christina,

Sorry I was not on line last night. I am assuming we are referring to Sunday, Oct 4, for moving the lab mix (leash on seat belt should be fine and possible corgi pup (we will ask for a crate to be provided). Not sure if the pup is coming but can confirm after I get a message back from the shelter. The person (Anne) that brings the dogs to the Univeristy of Ohio airport is away this weekend and I am not sure if I can get a hold of her. As far as coming to Coatesville, I am the one that will meet at the airport. My cell is: 610-761-9412.

I put together a flight agenda and e-mail it to everyone which includes arrival and departure times from the airport, everyone's name, cell phone and the type of plane and tail number so all parties involved have everyone's information. I can start putting an agenda together.

Not sure if you want to wait until next week. If the dachshund can fit into one crate there may be room and it will give Christina time to move to the University of Ohio airport. Christina - I am not sure where your pups are coming from but maybe you can possibly move them on the ground to catch the flight.

Sharon
Sharon
A Place For All Animal Rescue
[email protected]

aplaceforall

Post by aplaceforall » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 am

Hi All,

I tried to post earlier but it is not showing so here we go:

I am assuming we are talking about Sunday, Oct 4. The person, Anne, who drives the dogs to the University of Ohio - Snyder Field is away this weekend and I am not sure if I can get ahold of her to see if someone can meet you Bob. The lab should be fine with a leash and seat belt on the back seat if you do not have a crate. As far as the corgi puppy, I am waiting for the shelter to get back to me to see if the pup is coming, hopefully I will find out today. If the corgi pup does come, we will ask for a crate to be provided. We have done this in the past and just ship their crate back to them. I will be the one to meet you at the GO Carlson Airport in Coatesville. My cell is 610-761-9412 (although I don't have it with me at the moment. left at home)

Once we have an idea of times for the flight, I put together an agenda and send to all parties involved in the transport. This includes everyone's name and cell phone, locations for arrival and departure, and the pilot's plane and tail number.

Christina -I am not sure where your Dachshunds are located and what is needed to get them to the Ohio airport. Maybe if we wait until Oct 4, this will give you time to move them either by air or possibly ground.

Sharon
Sharon
[email protected]

christinaeckhart

Post by christinaeckhart » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:16 am

It's ok, we are transporting the same day but I found a wonderful pilot to fly from OH to PA almost right to me so I am covered for that part of the trip. Still trying to find a ride from MO, though but I am covered for this part. Thank you.

aplaceforall

Post by aplaceforall » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:27 am

Okay Christina - I am glad you have a pilot for the latter part of your trip.

Bob and Luke - I guess we can coordinate moving the Lab mix and possible Corgi pup. Are you okay with doing this on Oct 4? Or do you have to move the dogs Sunday, Sept 27? Oct 4 would be better for me and my driver in Ohio (Anne), but of course if you can only do Sept 27, I will do my best to accommodate if needed.

Sharon
Sharon
[email protected]

lukehayden

Post by lukehayden » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:43 am

I can do it on October 4, weather dependent. I am IFR rated but out of practice with Hard IFR. Ice and T-storms are deal killers for me. Bob, are you available on Oct 4?

aplaceforall

Post by aplaceforall » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:49 am

Hi Luke,

In previous e-mails Bob could do Oct 4th. I will just need Bob to provide me with a time that he would pick up Griffin (lab mix) at the Ohio University Airport so I can let Anne know to meet him. Do you have the airport code for Rostraver? If not, I can probably find it on line. Thanks for helping.

Sharon
Sharon
[email protected]

Tripletdadbob
Zip Code: 15143
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes

Post by Tripletdadbob » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Yes, I can do it on Sunday, October 4. The best time for me to pick up Griffin (and the Corgi) at Ohio University (KUNI) would be between 9:00 and 10:00 in the morning. Assuming a 15-20 minute turnaround on the ground at Ohio University, I would be landing at Rostraver (KFWQ) between 10:30 and 11:30.

Luke - I'm current on hard IFR, but who really wants to fly in the soup, right? I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather. I've got dual VOR with glideslopes and GPS 496, but I don't have GPS certified for IFR. Rostraver only has GPS approaches, so if it is IMC, I won't be able to get in there. No worries, though. Allegheny County (KAGC) is a great airport that is also southeast of Pittsburgh, and only 10 miles from Rostraver, with a larger runway and an ILS that we can fly down to 200' AGL and 1/2 mile visibility. It would make an excellent alternate for us, but again, let's hope weather isn't an issue.

Bob

aplaceforall

Post by aplaceforall » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Bob and Luke,

I will send an e-mail to Anne about meeting you Bob at the KUNI. Do both of you have an e-mail address so we can then start communicating via those e-mails instead of posting on this site. My e-mail is [email protected] so you will receive from there

Sharon
Sharon
[email protected]