CANCELLED: Schaumburg, IL - Highlands Ranch, CO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
SetterDown

CANCELLED: Schaumburg, IL - Highlands Ranch, CO

Post by SetterDown » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:01 pm

This transport request has been cancelled - Jimmy's adopter has opted to transport him via commercial airlines - one direct flight would probably be easier on Jimmy. Thanks everyone for reading & offering good suggestions!]

Hello Pilots -

Illinois Birddog Rescue is looking to transport one super cute, 40 lb, neutered male English Setter... by the name of Jimmy Choo! (See his blog: http://ibrjimmy.blogspot.com)

Jimmy is SO HAPPY to be headed to his new forever home in Colorado - all he needs now is a ride!!! (He's very excited to earn his copilot wings - and definitely has his paws crossed that a handful of pilot volunteers will step up and give him a ride!)

As transport coordinator, I do my best to guess-timate the legs within the transport... however, I am NOT a pilot - therefore, I am certainly flexible to work with any suggestion you might have. Therefore, based on my best guess:

DETAILS:
Date: Sat, October 3rd - or - Sun, October 4th
Passenger: Jimmy Choo, 40 lbs, neutered male, English Setter
Traveling from: Schaumburg, IL (foster home)
Traveling to: Highlands Ranch, CO (forever home)

ROUTE:
Leg #1: Schaumburg, IL - Sterling, IA (flexible)
Leg #2: Sterling, IA - Davenport, IA / Iowa City, IA (flexible)
Leg #3: Davenport, IA / Iowa City, IA - Des Moines, IA
Leg #4: Des Moines, IA - Lincoln, NE / Omaha, NE (flexible)
Leg #5: Lincoln, NE / Omaha, NE - McCook, NE (flexible)
Leg #6: McCook, NE - Highlands Ranch, CO (flexible)

Obviously, this is a LOOOONG HAUL transport - which might require an overnight stay along the way... we are open to suggestions!

Thanks everyone!
Last edited by SetterDown on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

airpaws

Re: Schaumburg, IL - Highlands Ranch, CO: Oct 3rd or 4th

Post by airpaws » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:12 pm

I may have a better idea. I have been sponsoring dogs that I can't fly by putting them on Pet Airways. $249 and he will be home wednesday! First class flying for pets only. Cheaper than av gas, any takers?
Brent
Airborne Life From Above

SetterDown

Post by SetterDown » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:54 pm

OH WOW - thanks for the fantastic input Brent!

I'll do a little research for Pet Airways as well... heck, you can't beat $249 between major cities! I'll toss this idea to Jimmy's new dad and see if that fits within his budget. Would sure be quick and easy!

Again - thanks so much!

airpaws

Post by airpaws » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Direct flight Midway to BJC (broomfield CO about 30 minutes north of Highlands Ranch) They are amazing I just put a little boy Border Collie on from Miday to NY. They are treated like royalty. They are monitored by a vet tech all the way. They record when they eat when they drink when they go to the bathroom. THey fly Beach a 1900 really nice quick pressurized turbo props. You can track the flight on flightaware.com the whole way. I bet you can find some sponsors to pitch in a few bucks. Flights to Denver on are Wednesdays. If they have seats available for his smaller size its only 200 I check and those seats are gone for this wednesday. Sometimes if you call them and tell them it is air rescue they will help you out with that. email me if you have any questions. Its the only way to make a long haul with a 4 pawed soul
Brent