DoneAbused Yorkie needs to go from Panama City to Boca Raton

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
animalaid

DoneAbused Yorkie needs to go from Panama City to Boca Raton

Post by animalaid » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:47 am

5-6 year old male yorkie was owned by elderly couple. Wife died, husband now in hospice. Animal abused. Matted hair, kept in a carry on cage for 8 months and fed nothing but chitos. He weighs 15 pounds, not because he is large, but because he is obese. The Partners for Pets in Marion, Fla called and wanted to know if we knew of anyone who could help. The yorkie is aggressive towards other small dogs. He needs to be placed in a fmaily without other pets. He was caged all the time, let out to go pee and put back in the cage. He is terrified and it took staff 4 hours to cut off all the matted hair. They do not know what to do with him. Neither do we. Our shelter in Boca can take him and place him in a foster home to work on his issues and get him adopted out.
Last edited by animalaid on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

DogDaddy

Re: Abused Yorkie needs to go from Panama City to Boca Raton

Post by DogDaddy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:03 pm

If someone can get him to that Tampa area, or Sarasota, I can hold onto him because I'll be driving to Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale the following week.

animalaid

Post by animalaid » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Yes we need a ride. I will see if I can get him down to Tampa. Thanks for your help!

timjohnsonjr

Post by timjohnsonjr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:49 am

Hi,

is the dog in marion or panama city?? Because i think Marion Fl would be close to Ocala....if so i could take him from ocala to boca, maybe this saturday (weather permitting).

If he is in panama city i could maybe get him next weekend and take him to boca (depending if my plane is out of maintenance). Please let me know. Thanks

Tim

animalaid

Post by animalaid » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 pm

The dog is in Marianna. They have someone to bring to the airport in Panama City. Another pilot who lives in Tampa is coming down on the 10th, but said he would foster the dog until then if it can get to Bradenton. If you can get him and bring him next weekend, that would work too.

DaisysDad
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by DaisysDad » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:11 pm

I am working on combining this transport with the cocker spaniel from Panama City to Sarasota this weekend. I might be able to provide further transport to LNA (Palm Beach County Airpark) if that helps.
Steve
Sarasota, FL

timjohnsonjr

Post by timjohnsonjr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi Steve,

Let me know if it doesnt work out for you or if you can only get him to sarasota, because i could pick him up and take him to boca. Just keep me posted. Thanks

Tim

DaisysDad
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by DaisysDad » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:59 am

I will be in Panama City at 0930 this Saturday to pick up the Yorkie and the Cocker Spaniel. We should be at Dolphin Aviation in Sarasota by 1230 for the relay to Tim for the final leg to Boca. I have no preference for an FBO in Panama City as long as both of you can be at the same one.
Steve
Sarasota, FL

animalaid

Post by animalaid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I will be the contact in Boca. My cell number is 954-775-4521. Do you have an approx time for Boca Airport pickup?

Thanks.
Heather

timjohnsonjr

Post by timjohnsonjr » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi Heather,

If everything stays on schedule i would say around 230, but i could call you when i leave sarasota and that will give you about a 1.5 hour heads up....

tim