DONE: Hawk found a ride! Thanks

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
larnold5138

DONE: Hawk found a ride! Thanks

Post by larnold5138 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Wild Bird Rescue in Wichita Falls, TX needs to transport a blind red tailed hawk to a Wildlife Rescue in Kendalia, Tx. The hawk is blind in one eye and by Federal Law is non-releasable. It will be kept at the new center as an educational bird. The hawk will be in a medium dog carrier covered with a blanket. At no time will the hawk need to be removed. No other special accommodations are needed. The hawk just needs to remain in carrier where it will be dark and quiet. If you can help us out, please call Bob Lindsay at Wild Bird Rescue at 940-691-0828.
Thanks,
Lila Arnold
Wild Bird Rescue
Last edited by larnold5138 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larnold5138

Re: Red Tailed Hawk Wichita Falls,TX to Kendalia, TX

Post by larnold5138 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:31 am

I am even willing to drive this hawk to the Dallas area to be flown from there.
Thanks,
Lila Arnold
Wild Bird Rescue

mikegray

Post by mikegray » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:54 pm

There are a lot of small private airports near Kendalia, but no close public ones. Can you get the recipients to go to Fredericksburg or Kerrville? Or, maybe they have connections with some private strip nearby.

larnold5138

Post by larnold5138 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:01 pm

I am going to call Wildlife Rescue and see if they have a volunteer that could drive to either place.
Lila

drdpride
Zip Code: 78130
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBAZ
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by drdpride » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Lila … I am free on Saturday or Sunday. I fly out of Boerne Stage Airfield located just out of Boerne (5c1) but could easily go to Kerrville or Fredericksburg, whichever is easier. I could fly to Denton to pick up the bird … or meet Mike half way if he is wanting to assist with the transport. My email address is [email protected]

- Denise Pride
Denise (Pride) and Don Elliott
Cirrus SR20, N318DE
Cirrus SR22T, N718DE
New Braunfels, TX (KBAZ)
[email protected]

larnold5138

Post by larnold5138 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Red Tailed Hawk has found a ride with a Texas Parks and Wildlife fellow. Thanks for the offers of help. It will be leaving town this weekend. This was a rare situation as we usually transport to Lubbock which is a much shorter drive.
Thanks again,
Lila Arnold
Wild Bird Rescue