Ally from Afghanistan transport JFK airport to Louisville KY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lemmonsteri

Ally from Afghanistan transport JFK airport to Louisville KY

Post by lemmonsteri » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 pm

My son, CPL Michael Lemmons, 101st Airborne Div, currently serving in Afghanistan wants to bring his puppy Ally home from Afghanistan. She has already been sent to Kabul and Pam Constable of Tigger House in Kabul will have her in her possession a few hours from now. Tigger House is arranging for her transportation from Afghanistan to JFK Airport in NY. We need to make travel arrangements for her to get from JFK airport in NY to our home here in Louisville, Kentucky. Please help us. I have attached a picture of my son and his dog. She has been at his side for the past three months. Michael is due home mid-November. I can be reached via cell at (502) 387-2043. Thank you for any help you can give us! Teri Lemmons, Army Mom
Attachments
mike & ally.jpg
Cpl Michael Lemmons and his dog Ally
mike & ally.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 563 times

N60046
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPKB
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Ally from Afghanistan transport JFK airport to Louisville KY

Post by N60046 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Spoke with Teri. Soon as plans for Dog to be transported to JFK Jerry and I will transport from NY to Louisville, KY.
John
KPKB

arizonabsd
Zip Code: 85735
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by arizonabsd » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:18 am

Beautiful story! It's difficult to import dogs from the Middle East so I know someone has done a lot of work to make this happen. Can't wait to see more photos when they both get home!

Lynnette Bennett
Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
[email protected]

N60046
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPKB

Post by N60046 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Transport completed on 11/1. There were 2 dogs coming from Kabul. Jerry picked up both dogs from JFK and flew from NJ to Morgantown, WV. I flew from MGW to Louisville, KY. Jonathan Miller flew Delilah to TN until she could be transported to Texas. Got an email that Michael Lemmons will be coming home tomorrow 11/17 for reunion with Ally. Great story.
Attachments
DSC_0050.JPG
DSC_0050.JPG (79.52 KiB) Viewed 400 times
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG (38.07 KiB) Viewed 398 times
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG (31.66 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Last edited by N60046 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
KPKB

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Latest news is that Cpl Michael Lemmons will be arriving back at his home base at Ft. Campbell tomorrow! "Ally" will be waiting there with Michael's family to welcome him home.

Thank you John, Jerry, Jon and Jon's Dad for flying these two pups to the families of these soldiers, I know how much this meant to Michael and Matt.

Matt will be home in January for his reunion with "Delilah".....I am very thankful for these soldiers who have not only put their lives on the line to protect all of us but also had kindness in their hearts to see to it that these two pups were out of harms way.

Debi