Missy (abuse case) needs a ride VA to Ohio

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
LJoscelyn

Missy (abuse case) needs a ride VA to Ohio

Post by LJoscelyn » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:10 pm

My name is Laura Joscelyn and I'm with North American Shar Pei Rescue, Inc. (NASPR) http://sharpeirescue.com/

I volunteered to help a shelter in NC with Missy aka Abba: a horribly abused little girl. I found someone willing to take her in for rehabbing and placement – Lois Brown in Wooster, Ohio . The problem I have is that I need to get her to Lois in Ohio . Missy’s court case was over 10/27 and the previous owner was convicted of abuse. Missy has been with me about 10 days now and she’s VERY sweet. Can you help me get her to Ohio? If so, what are the steps I need to take to get Missy on your transport list? I am in Carrsville, VA - near Franklin Regional Airport and not far from Suffolk Regional Airport.

Miss has a grade 3 heart murmur and is recovering from demodectic mange. The mange is NOT contagious. Missy is spayed, up to date on shots and will be traveling with a health certificate and supplies – food, meds and toys.

I’ve attached before and after pictures of Missy. I also attached the story that was in the paper about her in case this link doesn’t work.

http://www.gastongazette.com/articles/l ... lnton.html

Laura Joscelyn
Abba 9-30-09.jpg
Missy/Abba before
Abba 9-30-09.jpg (120.25 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Attachments
11-8-09 Missy.jpg
11-8-09 Missy.jpg (186.1 KiB) Viewed 273 times
11-12-09 Wanna play with me.jpg
After
11-12-09 Wanna play with me.jpg (117.92 KiB) Viewed 273 times

chrisblair

Re: Missy (abuse case) needs a ride VA to Ohio

Post by chrisblair » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Laura,

I'm based in Eastern Ky and we will get Missy to her new home in Wooster Ohio one way or another. I try to assist people who need pilots but are not sure how to do it. I help people on here all the time.

I have broken this trip into two legs.
Departure leg (leg one) Franklin, VA (KFKN) to Elkins, WV (KEKN) 192 miles
Leg Two: Elkins, WV (KEKN) to Wooster, OH. (KBJJ) 152 miles

Post each leg above as an individual flight. You will get a MUCH greater response!! Pilots generally will not look at a "segment" or "leg" longer than 2hours.
In ur narrative of each leg just be sure to include the fact that there is another leg that has to be filled.

If u cannot find a pilot to fly the Elkins to Wooster OH then I will do it. Go to the home page of pilotsnpaws and click on Pilot map, foster map and u can view all the pilots in the area, email them and see if they are willing to assist. It has been my experience that most will help if they are available.
If u are unable to find anyone then maybe u can meet me somewhere and I will fly Missy myself to her destination in Wooster, OH.

Email me at my personal email if u need to ..... [email protected]

Thanks, Chris

chrisblair

Post by chrisblair » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Laura,

I forgot to tell u in my last message. I too am very familiar with demodectic mange.

When my dog was first diagnosed I was told to bath him in the special shampoo and then dip him every week. That was ok as long as weather permitted.
Then winter came and I was unable to bath him. My vet then told me that PROMERIS had been approved as a treatment for demodex. Promeris is generally a flea and tick medicine (like frontline) but its now approved for the treatment of demodex. Instead of one time a month though you have to put it on 2 times a month. It WORKS GREAT!!!! It takes about 2 months before u notice a major improvement but believe me it works!!! I havent dipped my dog in probably a year now and he is in GREAT shape.

Chris

gmumma
Zip Code: 27519
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KRDU
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by gmumma » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 am

Laura I am new to the group but I may be able to do the Elkins to Wooster leg. Let me know if you have had any success with the leg to Elkins. gm