FILLED Dls/Ft W 75230 to MT 59714 2 Min Pins

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MonteMayhem

Re: Dallas/Ft Worth 75230 to Gallatin Field, MT 59714 2 Min Pins

Post by MonteMayhem » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:33 pm

The dogs will most likely be traveling in Sherpa bags instead of crates and I'm thinking only two at the most will be able to come (that's a big armful for Sarah's husband to carry with him). The sherpa bags will be soft sided and about the size of a cat crate.

We'll figure out something for overnight/s in COS and the dogs can stay with me in Gillette until the weather is acceptable for Randy to fly in. So, I think we'll probably be able to do one leg per day unless they come into COS early in the morning on a weekend for you. I'll put the word out to our CO volunteers to see if I can get a overnight/s foster as soon as we know from Sarah if and when the dogs would be coming with her husband.

Thanks so much everyone!!!!

Heather
307-660-3160

rylan01

Post by rylan01 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:43 am

Hello Everyone,

Jim and I are looking at his schedule to determine if he is going to be going through Dallas on his way home from work. Will repost later today with the info.

If the pups need to stay in COS, I can keep them a day or two and then meet up with Adam for a weekend, daytime flight from COS.

Sarah

MonteMayhem

Post by MonteMayhem » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 am

Adam -

I could have sworn I posted a reply to you last night, so if two replies show up then I apologize. I think the dogs will most likely have to travel in sherpa bags with Sarah's husband. I think this is the case, b/c when Sarah has transported for us before that's what she did. Due to these circumstances then, I also think her husband won't be able to carry more than two. That's ok though, we'll take what we can get.

I sent off an email last night asking for an overnight (or few nights) foster in COS which I don't think will be an issue. Once the dogs get to Gillette, they can stay with me until Randy can pick them up for their final leg. We'll work around every pilot's schedule and the weather. Right now we just have to know if and when Sarah's husband can take them on their first leg.

Thanks!!

Heather
307-660-3160

rylan01

Post by rylan01 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:55 am

Hello All

Jim and I have gone over his schedule several times and nothing is working. The few times he does go through Dallas none of them allow him to take a transport to COS.

So, we need to come up with another plan for these min pins.....options include sending them to COS via American Airlines cargo (not free). I can pick them up and get them to Adam. Another option is send them via United Airlines from Dallas to Denver to Bozeman (again, not free but quick). Get them to Minneapolis and I can get them to Denver or Coloroado Springs and then to Adam.

I really apologize that this idea is not going to work. With the reduced flight schedules of the airlines and with the issues from Northwest Flight 188, we are limited to transporting rescues on our own time and can no longer carry them on flights we are working.

Let me know if any of the above options will work and I will be happy to help..

Sarah.

MonteMayhem

Post by MonteMayhem » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Hello all,

I was just informed that Dallas Animal Control is still not ready to release any dogs and we're not sure when they'll release them. Basically, we're completely up in the air (yeah, pun intended) as to when we will be able to take control of them. Once that happens, we'll have volunteers in the area that should be able to hold on to them until we can get every pilot's schedule coordinated or we can get them shipped commercially.

Thank you all so very, very much for being willing to possibly help IMPS, especially during the busy holiday season. I'll keep the post updated as I learn more.

Heather Arambel
[email protected]
307-660-3160

vadge

Post by vadge » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:15 pm

I go back and forth between Dallas and Denver about once each week. If the transport from Dallas to COS falls through feel free to keep me in mind. I could transport to COS or APA in Denver.

MonteMayhem

Post by MonteMayhem » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Hello Again Everyone!!

Dallas Animal Control has given the ok to release the dogs. IMPS still needs to get 4 Min Pins from Dallas/Ft Worth to the Helena, MT area. The dogs can overnight in Denver , CO with our volunteers and in Gillette, WY with me if:

Vadge can get them to Denver?
Adam from Denver to Gillette?
Randy from Gillette to Helena?

Please let me know if this could still work and when your schedules would allow.

Thanks everyone!!!!

Heather Arambel, IMPS Wyoming
[email protected]
307-660-3160